Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srv543

post pics of your trial bikes

313 posts in this topic

OK, here are all three of my bikes with 2 friends taking an introduction Trials Ride.

Far left is the '02 280 Pro GG that was stolen. Middle is my current ride, an '04 300 Pro GG and far right is my '01 280 Standard GG. My Wife's '05 200 Pro GG was not in this photo.

2ply-fleet.jpg

My 04 - 300 GG Pro last Summer on top of......:naughty: Don't ask. Not for the faint of heart.

2ply-gg04-300pro.jpg

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's purdy 2PLY. How much of that area is open to off road use?

srv543, do you have a strong stomach? You probably don't want to see mine rite after lunch.

Hey yz, if you still need a hand, pm me and I'll help ya out.

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's purdy 2PLY. How much of that area is open to off road use?

srv543, do you have a strong stomach? You probably don't want to see mine rite after lunch.

I ride many of the more primitive trails that border the Wilderness and cross-country where I can guarantee that I will leave no track for more than 3 hours in grass or wild flowers.

There are many legal trails of all types near those photos. The mountain photo one was not open to motorcycles on the map (no sign at the trail head) but that was only because the people that made the map thought the "trail" was too difficult for motorcycles and they were right, except that they had no idea of what a good rider can do on a good Trials bike. If you look at the narrow rocky ridge behind my bike, that is the "trail" and it's a 60 degree loose rock slope to a cliff if you make a serious mistake. It was a challenge to climb that one leaving no tracks that would survive the next thunder shower.

If there is any chance that I will leave any sort of damage or erosion, I will not ride it. It's part of the challenge. :thumbsup:

PS USFS Cross-Country rules are changing Nationwide in the next year or two so that cross-country riding, damage or no damage will be illegal.:thumbsdn:

The 200 really does look neglected. I wish Icould neglect my bike like that, :thumbsup:

sweet bikes, I went and sat (or stood) on my first trials bike when we were on vacation. They are so light. I want one.:thumbsup: (of course, where I live there wouldn't be any good place to ride one)

Beautiful bike Huntmaster!

There was and older guy that used to show up at the vintage events 10 years ago when I was riding. He had a gorgeous Matchless about the same vintage as your Ariel. Man, that old Brit iron is sure purty.

Very nice! A "Millerized" Ariel I believe? Some nice shots in the garage folder...looks very lightweight by pre-65 trials bike bike standards!

yes i do

Hey Curt the FS wants to close the road that leads to the landing that you took the picture of Rainer from.

Do you want to ride Mad River at the end of August?