HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

460X 18 .........metric size please

9 posts in this topic

What would a 460 be in metric, is that like a 120 or something ? How much bigger is the next size, like a 130 I guess, would that be about 3/8 wider or what?

I want to oder these tires http://www.klr650.com/MEFO%20Sport%20Tires.htm and want to know before I call.

I might add those are supposed to be one of the longest wearing tires out there :thumbsup:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123273

YES, they have 18's, just don't list them on the site.

Is there some sort of conversion chart for tires?

Yes a 4.60 would be like a 120/80 or 120/90, good luck with the tires:ride:

You can get google to do conversions for you-

type in

4.60 inches in mm

and you get an answer!

It'll be cool to see one of those critters in the flesh, if I ever head south, or if you head north again.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try.

Here is a real good shot of the Mefo ............

Expensive, but then if I get double the milage of most, they really are the same cost or cheaper then most.

Thank God I have a 18" rear because the 17's sell out right away, they had no 17's a month ago and none now.

mefo2.jpg

how much and where?

:lol::busted: Wake up Martin :bonk:

Links are in my 1st post. Tires come from Germany I believe, HEY, would be a great set fot you I bet ! :thumbsup:

Pages and pages about them in 2nd link.

ya im not with it today! thinking about my softball tourney i gotta drive 3 hrs. for after work!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ya im not with it today! thinking about my softball tourney i gotta drive 3 hrs. for after work!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Quite alright, everybody does it once in a while.

Here are a few more comments + other tires too.

http://www.standoutnet.com/extras/mike/motorcycles/klr650/tires/

If these guys with the heavier KLR's are getting this good of mileage, I figure I should get at least 7-8000 off of them, hopefully more. Of cousre a lot depends on the terrian you ride on.

" The MEFO MFE 99 Sport Explorer Tires are made in Germany where they are used by Honda Trans Alp riders "