gel pads ??

I haven't tried any of the seat pads on my XR650L. I don't use it for that long of rides.

But if you're looking for that type of thing, I recommend the air hawk seat pads. I've tried the gel pads and couldn't get over the feeling I was sitting on a piece of thawed out steak. I think I'd rather do one of the sheepskin pads over the gel based on feedback I've heard. I haven't personally tried one of the sheepskins since I'm happy with the air hawk.

I won't pretend to be a serious long distance guy but I do some traveling on my street bike. The stock seat on my Suzuki Bandit used to have me burning at 250 miles, with the air hawk, I can do 500 miles days now.

I've been really happy with the service I've gotten from www.rlmotorcycles.com, they are an air hawk dealer.

I don't remember where I saw it but someone did a great custom seat pad using an Akton Polymer gel pad. They took off the seat cover and shaved off the top part of the seat foam where they normally sit. They placed the gel pad in place and reinstalled the seat cover. You couldn't even tell it was there but the guy said it worked GREAT! You can order the pads in various sizes from:

http://www.arthritissupplies.com/site/371928/page/461374

He also said he has seen them on eBay on occasion, but I haven't seen them yet.

As soon as I am done with my other current mods, I'm going to try it with the 5/8" pad. Hope this helps.