HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2000WR400

Any kind of rear footpeg setup for these bikes?

3 posts in this topic

My girlfriend is buggin' me to bring her out for a ride. I don't think she will want to more than once though, I don't think she knows she has to ride on a 2x4. Anyone have a rear peg setup or know of one I can try? Thanks

I think Baja Designs still sells a kit to put rear footpegs on a XR600. It consists of a steel plate you weld to the subframe, and a set of XR650L passenger pegs you bolt to the plate. I don't know if this would work on a WR or not.

I do know that the seat will be no where near as comfortable as an XR600 for the passenger.

Roy

Yes Baja do a kit, it does require you to weld a bracket to chain side of rear subframe but works great and is easy to remove when you're not with 'her in doors'

I also used the plastic mairer frame guards, they can easily be adapted to fit with passenger pegs on.