HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clark_Mason

420 kit for my 99WR 400

8 posts in this topic

I'v decided to do the 420 at 13.5 compression all stainless steel valves with the larger intakes. Now who do you out there in forum land recommend do the work??? I not putting in a sleave I want a coated cyclinder like or similar to stock and may want to tighten up the squish band. So lets have some suggestions!

Clark

I thought that Rick Peterson Motorsports did all the cylinders? He bores and then re-coats them with Nikasil. I know he does all the cylinders for White Bros and as far as I know everyone uses him.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

Clark,

I think MotoGreg is correct on RPM. The best thing about him, is that he is local, I think Azusa or Covina

Clark - For whatever an opinion is worth, of the available platers US Chrome is the only one I would trust at this point. As you probably know, the plating process is pretty straight forward but the chemistry seperates the good from the bad. Chemistry and surface finish seems to be where many of the "platers" fall short.

Rich

Rich

So who would you recommend for my project?? Eric Gorr and does Eric use US chrome. I e-mailed Eric but he did not mention who he uses for plating/

Clark

Clark - If you send it through Eric he'll use US Chrome, and he can specify the surface finish. My 420 barrel has held up really well over the year I've run it.

Rich