Accelerator pump dirt?

Hey guys. I was just out in the garage and was getting ready to peel the cover off the accelerator pump and I couldnt decide wether to rotate the carb to the side (which would mean disconnecting some stuff) or just taking it off as it sits. Which is the best way to do it, for those of you that have done it before? I noticed in the manual there is a couple small O-rings and some stuff that looks like it could get easily lost. Anyone have any tips before I do this hopefully, painless, simple, project?

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

Darin,

When I got ready to rejet my carb I had seen a lot of posts stating that it could be done by just twisting the carb. It was 100% harder. I just pull the carb anytime I need to do any carb work. Its not that time consuming and you can put it on a bench where you can see whats going on and prevent parts from rolling into areas you would rather not dissassemble to retrieve them. ?

Tom13 St. Louis, Mo

I wouldnt mind doing that, but I guess Im a little paranoid when it comes to messing with carbs. All those vacumn tubes and all that octupus crap scares the hell out of me. I guess if thats what I have to do I will. Thanks guys.

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

I have my octopus and coolant tank removed and don't plan on putting them back. It makes getting the sub/frame and carb off alot easier.

I would put the coolant tank back on if I were riding in heat / mud /sand, etc. where I would worry about overheating. I haven't had any problems yet.