HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426_kid

scraches

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to take out scratches if someone used like 200 grit sand paper?:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted: ? Its on the gas tank ... I need all the help I can get...

you might try comet , the powdered kind. get a rag and put the comet on it and a little water to make it into a paste and work carefully. I have taken some pretty good sized scratches that way. I am sure there are other ways, just the only one i know.

And then spray the plastics with some pro prep - greatest thing since sliced bread - and the scratches will be almost unnoticeable

i use turtle wax. it doesn't work wonders but will make small scratches go away and large ones a little less noticeable....but the turtle wax DOES work wonders on the frame:thumbsup:

buy some 600grit wet sand paper and sand the scratches out... then buff it with some rubbing compound.

Hope it helps