Axle sizes. 98 same as 00?

Help, are the axle diameters on my 00 WR larger than a '98? Thanks for your help.

I know they are the same as the 99 model, but one thing I noticed is the countershaft sprocket nut has been reduced from 32mm down to 27mm.

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

Which axle? The '99/'00 rear hub is different than the '98 and older style so I assume the axle would be different as well. I think the front is the same for all.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

I believe that Yam went to larger axels in 99 the hub and rear brake disk are also different. The rear disk rotor is larger in 99.

Clark

I have 98 WR. Both axles are .785" (~20mm).

While wer're on the topic of axles, sprockets,countershafts etc., I have simple question that you guys can answer. Which way do you rotate the countershaft nut to replace the sprocket? I tried to put a 14 tooth sprocket on the other day and couldn't get the damn nut off. I was rotating the nut counterclockwise (ie: same direction as chain motion) and it wouldn't budge. Is it a reverse thread or something? Anyway please advise.

Cheers.

Grum from Oz

'99 WR400, Tingate pipe, B&B bashplate, airbox lid removed, WR timing.

It's normal threads, use an impact gun to shoot it off.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

My counter shaft nut was tighter than a mutha from the factory too! I didn't have access to any air tools (which would be the right way to do this) so I used a piece of pipe slipped over the end of a ratchet to get more leverage. I held the rear wheel (with the chain on) to keep the counter shaft from spinning.

If you do not have access to air tools you can also take a 12-14mm sockett and jam fit it between the countershaft sprocket and the swingarm/chain rub pad to hold the C/S sprockett while unbolting and torqueing.

Clark

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go this weekend.

Cheers

Grum from Oz.

P.S Totally addicted to this site. Awsome job and thanks to Brian and all the other regulars - you know who you are. :)