Another fuel tank query

Will a 98/99 fuel tank (12 ltrs?) bolt straight on to my 2000 WR (European spec, 8 ltrs)? I assume the 8 ltr tank is the same as a YZ tank, so there seem to be plenty of people going the other way.

Will the rad cowlings and seat still fit properly, or would I need to change these as well?

I'm not really interested in the big (3gal+) tanks - I just need to be able to ride for 2 hours on a tank (only get about 90mins on 8ltrs)

Mike Hall

The 98 and 99 YZ tank will fit on a 98 or 99 WR400. The YZ426 tank will fit the 2000 European or Australian WR400. The 426 and 00 WR shrouds have a completley different lower mount, and the radiaotrs are different too.

Now I would say the fuel tank will fit if you use the new shrouds. The fuel tank mounts seem to be the same, and the 2 shroud holes in the tank appear to be in the same position.

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

Bit of confusion here!

I don't think I want a YZ tank. I have an 8 ltr WR tank (standard on the euro spec '00)and I believe that YZ400/426 tanks are also 8 ltrs.

I want a bigger tank, hence my asking if the '98/'99 WR tank would fit (because they are 12 ltrs)

Mike Hall