Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Crusty Videos

9 posts in this topic

I notice a lot of posts say they "just got back into riding" after 10 years, 15 years etc. (like myself). To be honest I think what did it for me was a friend lent me a couple "Crusty Demons of Dirt" videos that got my blood going again. Anyone else lured back into a "life of sin" by these videos?

The crusty movies are cool, but the best motorcycle movie by far, IMO, is the original "On any Sunday".

I was a kid when I first saw it and after a couple years of whinning to my parents, I got a bike of my own. I haven't stopped riding since. In high school I had a friend who used to drive around playing the soundtrack on his car stereo. I got a new copy recently and watch it with my kids. They can't believe those old bikes.

I even got to race the Elsinore GP the last few years (just like Steve and Malcolm!).

The Crusty video's are fun but no way near as good as "On Any Sunday".

Malcolm is my Hero! :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

Speaking of extreme videos, has anyone seen "The hard Way", the Seth Enslow video?

Just wondering if its worth purchasing. My dealer wants $40 for it and Im thinking it has to be something special for that price.

Im not really sure if I want to see a guy get his head bashed open on a spedo or not but it still sounds intriguing.

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

Jayce, ON ANY SUNDAY is the greatest! check it out man Malcom Smith is the man, that movie is a huge inspiration for me. Can you imagine if he had a WR? Dan

The way Clinton and the Democratic machine are repaying their environmentalist buds by closing everything in site may mean the only way to enjoy off road anything will be a video or virtual experience.

Get out and get political and vote down all these closure actions whenever and wherever you can.

Clark

Milkman,

The Seth video is ok. I don't think I would pay $40.00 for it. It does have some awesome coverage of "the crash"....ouch! I'm lucky the local dealer rents videos and have a great selection.

If you guys guys get a chance to see Legends it's real good.....Lot's of outdoor stuff and some great older racing footage and an interview with Bad Brad Lackey!

However On Any Sunday is the real deal.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat/brick.

Thanks Bill, I just got Legends this weekend. I havent watched it yet since I just got home from a race this weekend but I cant wait to see it. Thanks for the info on the seth vid.

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

Jayce,

I had the exact same experience you did. I used to own a Husky 250 in the late 70's. I always loved riding and knew I would someday get back into it. I had been getting my fix via my mountain bike. Then one day a co-worker lent me some Krusty's to watch. That proved to be the water for my dormant seed (much to my wifes dismay).