Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whyzee79

426 Mods.

9 posts in this topic

I am looking to shave some weight off the 426, and get new suspension next year.

I just can't give the bike up :thumbsup:

Any recommendations on what I can do and/or get?

In my opinion it is imposible to shave more then 2kg ;-) And it'll be very expensive.

Replace all alloy parts with cnc machined aircraft alloy but don't change plastic into alloy, change hubs and that's everything. You can shave some plastic but it weights nothing.

Its hard to shave pounds off of a 426. Its easier for most riders to drop a few pounds with a diet. :thumbsup:

For the suspension, I'd recommend http://www.smartsuspension.com. They did a awesome job on mine. I wanted the valving set-up for a 50/50 mix of woods and MX, and most shops acted like it was a hassel to get the best of both worlds. Frank at Smart Suspension listened to my needs and the results are fantastic. :thumbsup:

I wanted the valving set-up for a 50/50 mix of woods and MX, and most shops acted like it was a hassel to get the best of both worlds.

I ran up against the same thing, everyone said buy two bikes. Steve Litz in Tennessee did mine, a couple clicks either way now and I'm soaking up the rocks and roots in the woods or big jumps on the track.

It can be done. :thumbsup:

Yes still current, Sort of in negotiation with my friend about that 03. I had posted that after posting this one when I talked to him this morning.