HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raptorjerry

Need some opinions on Lowering Links

4 posts in this topic

Hay, I have a 2006 yz450f and i feel that im alittle short for it and i was wondering if there is anything wrong with getting a lowering link

Yes... it may throw the geometry of your bike off a bit. It will also change the dynamics of how your springs work.

why not take it to someone and have it professionally lowered? I did that to my wr to help me with technical sections of the trails that I ride.

I had 1 1/2 inch suspension lowered and another 1 inch out of the seat. Feels like an entirely different bike now.

Call ESP for a professional opinion. (818) 249-6744

Yes... it may throw the geometry of your bike off a bit.
I'd imagine it would magnify the tendency to push the front somewhat.

hay, I have a 2006 yz450f and i feel that im alittle short for it and i was wondering if there is anything wrong with getting a lowering link

There is nothing wrong with running a lowering link. I added one on my wife's 250F. The link is made by MMS. I also raised the forks in the triple clamp to keep the angle right. The seat foam has been replaced with softer (more female friendly) foam. Here is a couple pictures.

posey3-18-07034.jpg

SSL10456.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

And this one is on a hard landing. I had doubts about jumping the bike with a lowering link and the tire rubs the fender a little, but hasn't caused any problems.

56.jpg