Need some opinions on Lowering Links

Hay, I have a 2006 yz450f and i feel that im alittle short for it and i was wondering if there is anything wrong with getting a lowering link

Yes... it may throw the geometry of your bike off a bit. It will also change the dynamics of how your springs work.

why not take it to someone and have it professionally lowered? I did that to my wr to help me with technical sections of the trails that I ride.

I had 1 1/2 inch suspension lowered and another 1 inch out of the seat. Feels like an entirely different bike now.

Call ESP for a professional opinion. (818) 249-6744

Yes... it may throw the geometry of your bike off a bit.
I'd imagine it would magnify the tendency to push the front somewhat.
hay, I have a 2006 yz450f and i feel that im alittle short for it and i was wondering if there is anything wrong with getting a lowering link

There is nothing wrong with running a lowering link. I added one on my wife's 250F. The link is made by MMS. I also raised the forks in the triple clamp to keep the angle right. The seat foam has been replaced with softer (more female friendly) foam. Here is a couple pictures.

posey3-18-07034.jpg

SSL10456.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

And this one is on a hard landing. I had doubts about jumping the bike with a lowering link and the tire rubs the fender a little, but hasn't caused any problems.

56.jpg