Clarke gas tanks

Hey, am looking for a website for the Clarke 3.3 gas tank or any other info for it.

Also has anyone seen or heard about Yamahas factory 3.2 gal. tank? If so does the angle of the seat change from the std. YZ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Kyle

Originally posted by Kyle:

Hey, am looking for a website for the Clarke 3.3 gas tank or any other info for it.

Also has anyone seen or heard about Yamahas factory 3.2 gal. tank? If so does the angle of the seat change from the std. YZ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Kyle

www.clarkemfg.com, the factory yamaha tank looks just like the IMS to me Kyle

Im curious too about the Clarke tank for my WR. I looked at the web site and it looked as though the name of the company is embossed or molded into the plastic on the lower side of the tank. Is this truly the case?? If so Im not gonna buy one, I proudly ride a Yamaha...not a Clarke!! I also seem to remember a post a while back stating that the Clarke felt narrower than the IMS tank. Is that the general consensus out there?? Any petcock clearance problems? I heard they mount better with two bolts instead of one and the shrouds fit better.

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 05-18-2000).]

the factory yamaha tank looks just like the IMS to me Kyle[/b]

I had a look through the Yamaha catalogue a couple of weeks ago, and there seems to be heaps of White Brothers, Devol and DSP stuff in it, so I bet that the tank is in fact made by IMS.

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F

<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com/mybikes/y2kwr.htm" TARGET=_blank>

See Photo's and Modifications</A>

Vincent,

The answer is yes. It is slightly slimmer than the ims, The petcock is about 4 inches away from the carb and gas line routes easily. And yes CLARKE is embossed in 1 inch high letters on the lower right hand side of the tank. My graphics cover it though. Again both tanks are great but I prefer the CLARKE.

Originally posted by Vincent:

Im curious too about the Clarke tank for my WR. I looked at the web site and it looked as though the name of the company is embossed or molded into the plastic on the lower side of the tank. Is this truly the case?? If so Im not gonna buy one, I proudly ride a Yamaha...not a Clarke!! I also seem to remember a post a while back stating that the Clarke felt narrower than the IMS tank. Is that the general consensus out there?? Any petcock clearance problems? I heard they mount better with two bolts instead of one and the shrouds fit better.

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 05-18-2000).]

All is true. No petcock clearence probs.

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

If you are going to get a tank. Buy the YZ style tank and get a YZ seat from IMS ($125.00). I have done several mods to the bike and then put on the YZ seat and tank. This modification has allowed me to go faster than any other mod and should be the first for any WR owner.

Just my two cents!

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat/brick.