HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tarmac_terrorist

Ordering a 450f this weekend.

3 posts in this topic

Hi. Im going to be ordering a new 07 450f this weekend. As i know naught about bikes, i thought id ask the experts about what i should be asking / looking out for.

As an example, the 07 air filter issue. How do i know my new bike wont have the defective cage / filter? Can anyone give me link to the yamaha recall / repair order, so i can print it off and give it the dealer?

Whats the difference between a 'crated bike' and one that was built 5 months ago? Should i ask for a crated bike?

Please go easy, as i say, i know nothing about bikes. Im relying on you guys to help me out and to stop me from being stung by the dealer.

The bike im ordering is an import. There is no warranty. When i collect the bike, thats it. If the engine self destructs 30 seconds after collecting, i foot the bill to repair it.

What questions (if any) should i be asking the dealer about. What should i be looking out for?

What accessories do i need. Hand guards?

Any info / advice very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Whats the difference between a 'crated bike' and one that was built 5 months ago? Should i ask for a crated bike?

nothing. it just has the front wheel and handle bars put on.

What accessories do i need. Hand guards?

hand guards, bash/skid plate, rad guards /supports.

As an example, the 07 air filter issue. How do i know my new bike wont have the defective cage / filter? Can anyone give me link to the yamaha recall / repair order, so i can print it off and give it the dealer?

The only way to know for sure is to check it. I bought mine two weeks ago (crated) and the hole in the cage was plugged. If you buy one already built, there is a slim chance its been on the floor since before the recall. Dealers have been known to screw these recalls up.