Fastline CR routing/speedbleeders

I'm thinking about going to the fastline CR routing for my front brake...My biggest concern at this point is finding something that will work for both numberplate and headlight. I plan on switching between a headlight and numberplate fairly often and do not like the idea of having to switch brake lines. Has anyone had any success with this?

Also who sells the Russell speedbleeders and how do they work?

Thanks to WR400_Jay and others...

------------------

2000 Yamaha WR400F

1988 Honda NT650 Hawk

1977 Suzuki RM250B

1974 Honda XR75K1

The speed bleeder works like a check valve. A check valve allows flow in one direction only, much like the gas tank vent on the WR. When you squeeze the brake lever the hydraullic fluid pushes out. When you release the lever, you will draw air back into the system from the bleed valve. The speed bleeder will not allow flow in the reverse direction.

------------------

99 WR

Mike I just e-mailed Clark with this same info on stuff that might work. The CR routed Fastline brakeline for our bikes WILL NOT work with the light but here are some alternatives.

Try and use a Fastline brakeline for an XR400. It should be routed the same as a CR and it will clear the light on the XR. Page 295 in the Chaparral catalog.

If that doesn't work maybe a Lockhart Phillips brake line for a CBR, YZFR1 or some other street sport bike. They are braided and they don't have a hard plastic section so you'll have to find some other way to hold the line straight maybe some plastic tubing like Junron or Tigon plastic tubing you can get at Home Depot or Lowes.

My front brakes are awesome now and I can lock the front wheel with one finger ? . I think the Russel speed bleeders are 8mm in diameter for our bikes. Dennis Kirk catalog page 256 for the bleeders.

Let us know if you find the right combo. I've ordered thinks and tried to see if they would be the correct length or size before and just kept returning them until I found the right one.

------------------

00'WR400 75'Yamaha 250 enduro

White e-Series S-bend 12 discs, Yz timed, rejetted to Clark specs, throttle stop cut, lid removed, Topar Racing top clamp, Tag Metals T2 bars, Scotts damper, Devol disc guard and frame guards, lights removed, Cr routed Fastline brakeline, Acerbis Rally pro hand guards fastened to the top clamp, Gel grips Live in Southwest Ohio

I just went out to the garage to check out my roomates xr400 and the banjo fittings are in the same position/angle as the wr400 so it looks like it'll work fine and be long enough to clear the light assy. Why didn't someone think of this earlier, it's such a simple solution.

As far as using a streetbike line, that won't even be close. The forks are only half the length, the line doesn't go up over the light, and they have two calipers.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

Hey Greg You might want to let Clark Mason know that the XR line will most likely work. I know he wants to fix his mushy feeling break problems as soon as possible.

I looked it up and here is the part number from Chaparral for a 96-99 XR400 Fastline brakeline W24-604X. One problem this brakeline is RED and not blue or black.

------------------

00'WR400 75'Yamaha 250 enduro

White e-Series S-bend 12 discs, Yz timed, rejetted to Clark specs, throttle stop cut, lid removed, Topar Racing top clamp, Tag Metals T2 bars, Scotts damper, Devol disc guard and frame guards, lights removed, Cr routed Fastline brakeline, Acerbis Rally pro hand guards fastened to the top clamp, Gel grips Live in Southwest Ohio

I tried speedbleeders this weekend. The fit is poor, they are too long and when opening (1/4 to 1/2) turn brake fluid leaks out from the thread, if fluid can leak out i'm sure air can leak, anyway i put the original nipples back in.