Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frankycottonrow

new 07 yz 450

6 posts in this topic

just picked up a new used (rode twice) yz, I mostly trail ride, I know not the practical bike but I couldn't resist. What are the must do mods?? I don't know much about these bikes, just wondering about any must haves

If it has a Dunlop 739(hard pack tyre) front tyre on it, you might want to change it to suit the terrain you ride in, the Dunlop 756 is popular.

just picked up a new used (rode twice) yz, I mostly trail ride, I know not the practical bike but I couldn't resist. What are the must do mods?? I don't know much about these bikes, just wondering about any must haves

The YZ is actually a GREAT trail bike as well as an MX wepon. I would suggest bumping up the rear sprocket 2 teeth, and you are done. The '07 YZ is an amazingly versatile bike!

just picked up a new used (rode twice) yz, I mostly trail ride, I know not the practical bike but I couldn't resist.

oh it's a practical bike. rear tire is fine. just go to a 51 tooth, skid plate , rad guards , new o ring chain and grease the swing arm, steering head. and you have an awesome trail bike.

definatley replace teh chain with a quality o ring. Get an actual skid plate. An hourmeter is a good idea. Its a cheap way to keep track of things. Get a magnetic drain plug too.