Show your Dual Sport XR650R

CIMG0141.jpg

my 2001 XRR.... fmf header, stock silencer, vented sidepanel air box cover, uncorked of course, BD lighting kit, bridgestone trailwing tires.... you have to smile when your going 60mph and you roll it on and it still pulls like a MF.... great machine!

CIMG0209.jpg

hey guys..i just did a little cleaning of my Pig today...as i will be removing fairings and big tank...

Look what i found....the reason of why it is a pain to start after it drowned in the mudpool....

XR650R226.jpg

strip up the cosmetic

and what the F!!!

XR650R217.jpg

look how dirty my airfilter

checkout inside the airbox...holy wackamoly..

XR650R218.jpg

now lets go to the carby

XR650R227.jpg

see some latte in there with dirt?

check out on this little bowl...look closely and you will see the latte in there

XR650R231.jpg

after removing the floater...take a closer look...more latte

XR650R228.jpg

XR650R235.jpg

XR650R236.jpg

check out my spark plug...

XR650R233.jpg

its horrible

After all that install back everythg...will continue tomoro..

XR650R237.jpg

Only an XR650R could start up and run after that clean up. If the intake looked this bad, I would do a complete go thru on the bike, just to check all is well. And, stop rolling around in mud puddles like a big pig! :D:crazy:

yup...pig is still alive...replaced the EO,oil filter,Iridium plug...runs great...but i think one of the jetting is clogged...will get the carb service again...and will attack the mudpools again this sun....this time,with a vengence...:crazy:

XR650R web.jpg

PussyChicken.jpg

XRmirrors.jpg

definately a very good low miles motor...so fortunate...i got a very high milage bikes when i bought it...but still loves the motor.

well..its not the BRP i rode today...but its the younger brother...the CRF250R.

trail063.jpg

trail101.jpg

read all about my humble broken english report here..

http://main.slackriders.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=34511.html

short video on the KX450F...pls skip the 1st 30secs or so.

and the CRF250R clip

:worthy:

Here's the latest pics. Just have to put my Renazco on when it comes in and then I'm DONE!

XRfar.jpg

XRclose.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

Photos.html#7

Photos.html#6

And yes that's my District 7 number.

husky123, you need to enter the "best looking bike on TT thread"! There are 6 days left to post your pics, then we can vote for our favorite. You would definitely have my vote! We need a 650R in that thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559731

DSC01114.jpg

Even though the plate is not on it yet, I just got back from the tag office a few minutes ago and got it squared away.

Black mesa, What kind of bars do you have on there? That is a huge rise!

Off the top of my head I can't remember. I'll have to take a look when I get home. They were on the bike when I got it.

checkout inside the airbox...holy wackamoly..

XR650R218.jpg

Check your oil consumption after this :worthy:

Prob. a scored cylinder and piston. :worthy:

Tag Metals T2.

Check your oil consumption after this :worthy:

Prob. a scored cylinder and piston. :worthy:

i am doing so...thanks dude...

Rode the pig again today...well,it seems like it always rain down here...the mudpools are getting deeper...more unexpected wash..

DSC02205.jpg

Having the bike feeling light is way to go in this very wet terrain..but having half-lif semi-offroad rear tyre is not...

DSC02216.jpg

The rain have even caused a fallen tree in our path...have to reroute.

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

another effect by the rain.

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

very short clip

My pig crossing

and a friend on his newly bought DRZ that nearly drown.:worthy:

Hey,its been awhile...

just a little update on my latest ride last saturday...i did a 500km ride with another 3 pals...all of us have not slept for 24hrs before the ride...so it would be a challenge....We have planned this ride for about a month..to Endau Rompin National Park Malaysia.

i was working from 8am in the morning and havent sleep since

here's my final prep.

XR650R013-1.jpg

XR650R009-1.jpg

XR650R010-2.jpg

anyways...

Meetup at 5.50am..

EndauRopinride045.jpg

Rukiez on his WR400Fs

EndauRopinride024.jpg

JoeMacKint and his dinosaur XR600R

EndauRopinride031.jpg

Richard Hi and his Mighty towing machine.XR400R

EndauRopinride050.jpg

and last but not least...Me and my very temperamental XR650R

EndauRopinride051.jpg

Weather was great...superb indeed...i think all of us have our MP3s getting going as we cruised along the highway...for about 90km...we reached Ayer Hitam toll..

EndauRopinride025.jpg

we were riding when JoeMac seems to have some issues with his XR...its about half the journey to Kahang that we had to stop again to take a look at his bike...

stop at a foodstall near the roadside..

EndauRopinride055.jpg

Stop for breakfast.

EndauRopinride057.jpg

He told me he had his spark plug and EO and air filter replaced just before the ride..now the bike is jerky and it feels like petrol not entering the carb.

I checked the carb and found the caused.

EndauRopinride054.jpg

All 3 screws on the carburator manifold was loose...one of the screws has a bad thread...replaced the screws...and asked Joe to tighten them...

The bike fire up and it is now at is normal state again.

we took our breakfast just above.

EndauRopinride060.jpg

EndauRopinride063.jpg

The chicken rice wasnt bad at all..it was good with fresh apple juice to sip,nothing beats a good breakfast and we were all ready to roll again.

after another 60km ride...we refuelled.

EndauRopinride069.jpg

Its about 10km to reach the entrance of Endau Rompin.

EndauRopinride070.jpg

we were told that on the 2nd bridge,it is not possible to get any further...since its the monsoon season,heavy rain have caused the area to be flooded...

which we somehow reach that stage.

EndauRopinride074.jpg

from this point...we thought it would gets better after crossing this area...

DSC_5513.jpg

of coz...i have to be the one to test the water.:banghead:

DSC_5516.jpg

video of the crossing..and after found out the other side is impossible to cross...no land visible up ahead..

one village gone fishing...

DSC_5520.jpg

:banghead:

DSC_5528.jpg

DSC_5542.jpg

and so...my friend Richard decided to get wet as well...since we came all the way here,might as well have some fun...

DSC_5547.jpg

DSC_5551.jpg

the water current was pretty strong...when we were walking over to test how deep it is,we could almost fall...

video of Richard

And so...we decided to have a group photo...:busted:

EndauRopinride085.jpg

bikepics-1121335-full.jpg

bikepics-1118866-800.jpg

Supposedly to just backtrack and head for the entrance...but right after this point,we took a detour...i thought maybe we could just trail around the flood area to go to the other point..

we went abit off limit...no paths...soft muddy sands with fallen tree trunks...

And Joe got stuck at one point..

DSC_5592.jpg

DSC_5594.jpg

teamwork to do the job

DSC_5598.jpg

EndauRopinride036.jpg

EndauRopinride036.jpg

At this point,we are already out of the GPS route...we continued till we reach to some plantation area...and met with one farmer who told us there's really no way beyond the point to get to the other end...only by boat...so leaving us with not much choice but to go back.

we keep riding in circles after this...

DSC_5612.jpg

DSC_5631.jpg

another quick look on the GPS

DSC_5610.jpg

DSC_5609.jpg

from the GPS reading...we are heading straight for the 54km mark..which is the right route...but we have to cross this

EndauRopinride093.jpg

but its not that easy as it looks...even if we cross this,we would know what lies ahead...so we decided not to proceed

so we still trying to get out...

we crossed path thats nvr really a path....crossed over fallen tree trunks...tall grass...just to be able to follow the GPS reading to lead us back to the kampong peta route...

EndauRopinride096.jpg

until we reached here...which is what we thought was a beautiful sight..

DSC_5642.jpg

took a break and somehow...by looking at the GPS reading,this time,we are very close to the Kampung Peta route

EndauRopinride104.jpg

DSC_5639.jpg

EndauRopinride098.jpg

EndauRopinride100.jpg

Video here :

we got on track and a final photo before the exit

DSC_5663.jpg