Show your Dual Sport XR650R

alrite since now i have the priviledge to speak to you directly,i've wanted to ask you this...

in this picture,the water is so crystal blue...did you take a dive in it?

its so beautiful...it would be a waste if you didnt...unless you tell me there's shark or the water is boiling....

garage-5.jpg

thats a perfect place to camp...

Hey dude..firstly i would like to say wassup...

wats the current temperature there?i heard in DUbai it reaches 42degress...oouch....thats hot...at some point,i am really glad i am where i am...but some of the adventure riders photos with superb view is so fantastic..

i saw your pictures too on other forum and somewhere...loves the fine white beach sand...i saved photo too on my pc...i did a collection of XR650R photos...i m fanatic...:worthy:

btw,wats with religious,political and moral values about my photos?nothing obscene you know....:excuseme:

You mean dirty like this?

16thJuneTMtrail030.jpg

1stjulytrail026.jpg

hehe..

did anyone else get the same problem entering my multiply?

Yep, that's dirty!

Don't worry the whole of the 'multiply' site is blocked here by the government.

A lot of photo-sharing sites are.

Temps here - higher than 42, more like up to 48 or 50 in summer, plus heavy humidity, kind of similar humidity to Singapore. That's for a bout 3 months in mid-summer. (like now). Bummer - not much riding, except maybe after midnight it drops down into the mid 30's.

alrite since now i have the priviledge to speak to you directly,i've wanted to ask you this...

in this picture,the water is so crystal blue...did you take a dive in it?

its so beautiful...it would be a waste if you didnt...unless you tell me there's shark or the water is boiling....

garage-5.jpg

thats a perfect place to camp...

Yeah, it's definitely good for camping & swimming, very shallow and flat. Except in summer, it's hotter than body temperature so it's like a warm bath - not so good.

Thats the Arabian (or Persian) gulf, home to a few US aircraft carriers.. Iran is a few miles away across the ocean in the direction the pic is looking.

[.

Temps here - higher than 42, more like up to 48 or 50 in summer, plus heavy humidity, kind of similar humidity to Singapore. That's for a bout 3 months in mid-summer. (like now). Bummer - not much riding, except maybe after midnight it drops down into the mid 30's.

woah....thats freakin' hot dude....:mad:

what mods are you planning?

i have a problem that has started about a week...the Radiator on the left side seems to be peeing badly at times...i did tightened the clips and it seems Ok...but when i rode hard...some spills can be seen and felt thru my tank...need to do something quick..

[.

what mods are you planning?

Probably similar to yours - small screen for longer trips, trying to get a Whipps skidplate, black Excel rims when i get some $$.

I'm also looking at Staintune exhaust system. And i need to get working on a rear rack / subframe strengthening - plan on doing some long trips with gear.

I bought a Scotts steering damper (used) now I just need the bolt-on post. Also picked up an oil sight-tube, needs to be fitted.

etc etc, it never ends, you know how it is.

Bad news about your radiator - rad leaks is something I don't know much about. Was it dropped?

Maybe now is the time to upgrade to a set of Fluidyne... :thumbsup:

yup...i fell on the left side couple of weeks ago..

tomoro will be removing the tank to see whats the culprit...my mechanic said it could be the thermostat...so lets hope it is just that...

Good luck in your future project...:applause:

Incase you find the stabilizer does'nt look good on your bike,send it over here will you?:p

I am still waiting for someone to put the Rally591 rack for sale...

The Twins, just got them both Plated today! :thumbsup::worthy:

XR650Rwithbajakit011Medium.jpg

XR650Rwithbajakit012Medium.jpg

kewl...i sense a new begining...:applause:

You guys need that much gas??? Very nice bikes guys!

yes...:busted:

Here's mine without the handguards (my renthals broke in half earlier in the day)

I love this bike!

DSC00032.jpg

nice bike, killer scenery!

i second that...killer scenery...:worthy:

That's Coloroado? Kind of looks like Scotland.

I always thought of the 650R as a desert bike, but somehow it fits the scenery...

i saw a plated R out here on eastern long island....the smile on my face after seeing the guy kick the beast over and proceed to let that fmf ti-4 exhaust echo down the street was a big and long one. dual sports/supermotos are still pretty rare out here so when i see one i really get excited. CANT WAIT to find one for myself.

ok dudes....here's and update of my Rallye fairing which i just collected today..the colour of the white paint is off to my liking...it shud be painted more closer to the headlens...next week will follow up the mistake...and the lower mudgrd is yet to be paint..

so here's how it is as of today...no decals yet...

XR650R130.jpg

fixing the fairing at the shop

XR650R141.jpg

The dashboard consist of the stock meter and the ERP unit.

XR650R145.jpg

XR650R135.jpg

XR650R145.jpg

i realised my bike look like the Duc strada..:crazy:

looking good - what's the front fender?

And where did u get the fairing from - was it a one-off made for the bike?

smicer,

That is outstanding workmanship. When I saw your first pictures, where you were forming the pieces together, I thought that the seams were going to be ugly. The finished fairing looks killer. The front fender looks interesting. Did you design and make that yourself? Do you intend to paint it?

thanks guys...here's the detail...

the headfairing was from a very badly accident Dominator650...its been fibreglass back to shape...

bikepics-942091-800.jpg

an example of the original fairings.

the headlens are from this bike..

bikepics-690285-full.jpg

i like the dual high low lamp..

the front fender from this bike..as this is a common bike at the moment on Singapore and Malaysia,parts are very much available.

sg_vehicles.9459.1.jpg

yes...i need to repaint the head fairing at the white area and the bottom mudguard

paint work begins...

XR650R153.jpg

the results

XR650R154.jpg

and adding some decals...bike seems looking very friendly...hmm..

XR650R157.jpg