Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shrekka

BK Mod for 2002 YZ426

6 posts in this topic

Hi there

i recommend doing the BK Mod to your bike if it suffers from the good ol "bogging/hesitation" that these bikes are known to suffer from.

Me and my mate Matdenn did it to both my 2002 YZ426 and his 2000 YZ426.

We both suffered from some form of bogging with our bikes till we done this mod. Mats bike had it a lot less than mine did, and my bike suffered the worse of it. :thumbsup:

We test rode both bikes yesterday, and my bogging is definately gone...

The mod will work for 00'-02' YZ426, 01'-02' YZ/WR250F and 00'-02' WR400/426.

10 points to who l believe created this simple mod Brian Kinney:applause: :thumbsup:

Shrekka

BK Mod?

Is the 426 known for bogging and popping at initial accelleration?

Thanks

David

Is the 426 known for bogging and popping at initial accelleration?

No. A properly jetted 426 will not bog.

My 02 is bone stock. The only bog I have is if I try to gun the trottle while at an idle in neutral/clutch in.

I assumed that was normal? a lot of the time it will stall if I blip it too fast (you know, trying to make that loud pop noise)

Do some people have trouble bogging in gear? is it at slow speeds?

My 01 does not have the BK mod and there is no bog - not on initial acceleration or anywhere else.

I've also only owned it for three weeks and all the riding I've done on it so far was in 30 degree weather. I'll see what happens in a few months when it warms up outside.

Hi there

i recommend doing the BK Mod to your bike if it suffers from the good ol "bogging/hesitation" that these bikes are known to suffer from.

Me and my mate Matdenn did it to both my 2002 YZ426 and his 2000 YZ426.

We both suffered from some form of bogging with our bikes till we done this mod. Mats bike had it a lot less than mine did, and my bike suffered the worse of it. :worthy:

We test rode both bikes yesterday, and my bogging is definately gone...

The mod will work for 00'-02' YZ426, 01'-02' YZ/WR250F and 00'-02' WR400/426.

10 points to who l believe created this simple mod Brian Kinney:applause: :busted:

Shrekka

Thanks for the 10 points, but I didn't create the mod myself. The works carbs we got from factory Yamaha for Jimmy Button's bike had this adj. installed. At the time it was kinda secret. But after a few years I was told I could leak it out. My accomplishment was figuring out the perfect setting.

BK

Brian Kinney

X-Factory mechanic