test

From left to right:

Cary Smith - or scarymyth, fastest rider in the west and DRZ owner

Dougie - You all know Doug

Dave - XR400 rider true and blue

KerryT - the wheelie king

I never get to be in any cool pictures. I am always the one taking them.

Dougie,

It looks like you stole my trailer. I have the exact same set up. Question. What did you use for the rails at the back of the trailer. Or the 2x4's or what. Keeps the tires from sliding I suppose. Would like to do that> Please let me know what you used.

thx

Mike

Hey Mike,

Yeah, I like the trailer a lot. It pulls real nice with those 15" tires. On the way to Moab, Bryan was towing it with three bikes plus one in his bed and he was doing 80mph through the mountains ? My butt was puckered the entire trip.

I used 2" X 2"s to make the rear railings. They are about 11" long and placed about 5 1/2" apart, just enough for the rear tires to fit. I lined up a bike in the rails then measured where they fit best for the rear and screwed them in. I have eyelets on each side of the railings for rubber bungee cords to wrap the tire also.

I was using the eyelets / cords first but found the tire would still bounce around on that flat bed. So I went with the wood railings also. Works great.

Actually, as much as I like it, I am thinking of selling it. It is just to damn heavy at 500+ lbs. I have a sloped driveway and I have to get a block running start to get this thing up the driveway then manuevered to the side of the house. I drop my balls every time I put it back. My street is not wide enough for me to use the truck to back it up. I'm thinking of going back to a three rail.

Also, I don't no if you noticed the pipe insulation wrapped in black ductape on the outside front wheel holders. They are pretty wide (for street bikes) and this helps keep the front tire snug.

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

[This message has been edited by Dougie (edited 05-12-2000).]