HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henry

tank or pipe?

9 posts in this topic

hi guys, i'm very confused right now :)

i have a tight budget and i wanted to change either a yz4 fuel tank or fmf pipe.

i can choose only one between them,so guys i need your precious advice

thank in advance! :D

Tank and Seat. I just changed both. Liked the lighter/more compact front end.

------------------

Harold

2000 WR

Have had my 99WR for 6 months, 5 with a White Bros header and E-Series silencer. Just installed a stock YZ tank and IMS seat last night and will ride this weekend.

I'll let you know. One thing I have noticed sitting on it last night was the seat is HARD as a ROCK.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

I ride a YZ400 but have a friend with a 2000 WR 400. Trust me I rode his before and after the seat and tank combo and it is a MUST!! However I would look at purchasing the CLARKE tank. It hold 3.3 gallons and takes up no more roon than the stock YZ tank. I bought a Clarke for my YZ400. It changed the seat angle about 1 or 2 degrees but it is the same thickness everywhere else. I was impressed with the CLARKE for $145.00. You are still able to get all the way forward on it and have the extra capacity. It works well with the stock YZ seat.

[/b]

hi guys,thank for all your replies!!

after some serious thought, i think i will bite the bullet for once and get both

tank/seat + exhaust

will let you guys know the feeling after riding with all the goodies!

:)

Hey Henry-

Try to save some cash and buy some stuff used. I think WR400_Jay knows someone selling the FMF silencer for $100. Email me mcarp@ds.net and I can probably give you the guys name/email through Jay and find out which model it is.

The seat/tank is an easy decision. Pick the foam and cover based on what you want (don't be cheap here), and buy the tank based on fuel capacity/price. It does wonders for handling, especially if you notice the front pushing or feeling vague/light on hillclimbs- which I did but not anymore.

But the pipe is a different story. Many have labored over what pipe to get to satisfy their given powerband/noise needs, so give this some thought before you break the bank :)

hi mcarp!

I was anxious to get the exhaust system because I tried my friend WR400 with the same mod. that's why make me feel like a snail behind him. :)

I gonna chase him down with my goodies installed.

:D:D:D

HI HENRY.

DON'T BUY A NEW PIPE. CUT THE END CAP OFF THE STANDARD ONE AND REMOVE THE GUTS. ENLARGE THE HOLE IN THE END CAP AND WELD IN THE SHORT DOWN TURN PIPE THAT WAS RIVERTED TO THE CAP,AND WELD THE END CAP BACK ON( OZ TYPE MUFFLER,I THINK THE U.S.ONES ARE DIFFERENT). MAKES A NICE SOUND,NOT TOO LOUD.

MORE POWER LOW,MID AND TOP END.

HI HENRY.

DON'T BUY A NEW PIPE. CUT THE END CAP OFF THE STANDARD ONE AND REMOVE THE GUTS. ENLARGE THE HOLE IN THE END CAP AND WELD IN THE SHORT DOWN TURN PIPE THAT WAS RIVERTED TO THE CAP,AND WELD THE END CAP BACK ON( OZ TYPE MUFFLER,I THINK THE U.S.ONES ARE DIFFERENT). MAKES A NICE SOUND,NOT TOO LOUD.

MORE POWER LOW,MID AND TOP END.

Do you know if the Oz silencers are the same as the UK ones? (they look similar) As I was thinking of doing that myself, but didnt want to ruin my it.

Also....did you re-jet?

Thanks

Darren

UK

2k WR400

[This message has been edited by Darren Santilli (edited 05-11-2000).]