HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
winchester7mm

XR650L Question from a DRZ Guy

11 posts in this topic

Hey Honda Guys!

My buddy just picked up his 650L, and it has no tool kit. Should there be one?

I know, I know, Hondas don't need them--:thumbsup:

Thanks,

Adam

I bought mine new in May and the dealer said that they didn't come with them anymore.

&%$#@!? Thats BS. That stock tool kit sure comes in handy.

I was surprised to see that mine came with none. The proper spark plug wrench would have been nice. As it is you need a thinwall socket which, of course, I had to go and buy.

my 05 came with a full kit. my buddy who just got his 07 came with ..... NOTHING!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my 07 came with nothing... but I got one as soon as I started putting the presure on the stealer ...They told me "uh it did not have it in there I will order you one " A month later I had one ....:thumbsup: on

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to put a small kit together with REAL tools anyway. I always laugh at the "screwdriver" and especially the "pliars" that come with Japanese bikes:rolleyes:

My '07 came without one. I went to the Ron Ayers fiche and found the kit. It listed all the tools and sizes. I used a tool roll and wrenches I already had. Better quality and cheaper than ordering the OEM kit.