The Secrets of the 2008 YZ450F Muffler

If they could patent it, it'd be funny if they included a clause in there that said "Any manufacturer can use this design except Honda, 'cause they screwed us all with the front brake line routing patent!" Yeah I know it's stupid and they'd never do that, but if it was in a movie...

thanks for the link--i have an 08, and the muffler is restrictive, just wondering if anyone cut the yellow part out yet??i'm thinking heat and flow are in the equation,, maybe i'll be the 1st to try it!!! gonna need some jetting ideas from yall to make it work most likly.:thumbsup:

thanks for the link--i have an 08, and the muffler is restrictive, just wondering if anyone cut the yellow part out yet??i'm thinking heat and flow are in the equation,, maybe i'll be the 1st to try it!!! gonna need some jetting ideas from yall to make it work most likly.:thumbsup:

Nope, you won't be the first.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6407434#post6407434

I have ran a shortened 07 muffler on my 08 YZ450, but can only seem to keep it quiet for 3 or 4 rides, then the packing is just shot... I switched back to a stock 07 muffler, lost a bit of throttle response, but the bike pulls longer in each gear, and you don't have to repack it every couple weeks...

-Modifying the stock 08 muffler to be less restrictive, seems to be much more work, than its worth. It also seems to eat packing in jsut a few weekends of hard racing.