Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
axarob44

XRL Aftermarket Exhaust?

15 posts in this topic

Ok. I'm getting confused looking at all the different sites for an FMF exhaust system. Everyone seems to say something different, including FMF's site. All I need to know is will any exhaust and header for an XR600 fit the XRL? I just want to be able to say just send me the pipe for the XR600 and not to go into the whole "will this fit my XRL" thing. It will save a lot of confusion if I can just ask for it, as we all know some places are not very good about being able to cross-reference things. So, if someone can save me some grief, then please do so, because I'm a little confused:crazy:

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=424&category_id=139&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

Engineered for championship performance, the XR's Only Competition Header is an essential component in high performance applications. Available in Stainless Steel FITS: Honda XL600 / XR600 / XR650L

The pipe I got was made to fit the XR and XRL so my point is make sure you visulize the muffler on the L model concerning blinkers, possible rack and stuff, it's pretty obviuous they did not on mine but all is well after I got done with it.

:thumbsup: Blows when you have to do your own R & D on stuff but then you feel good about the custom work you did. :thumbsup: (as long as it turned out alright:busted: )

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527518

When I looked into FMF 's stuff, they told me it was a mistake, the listing for the XR600 was supposed to be the XR650R and they weren't making pipes for the XR600 anymore....

mabey just more conflicting dis-information for you.

Thank you for the info guys! I'm still up in the air on which exhaust to get. I like the XR's only pipe a lot. Seems like XR's only is either hit or miss for customer service from what I have been reading. The FMF is a little less expensive, but I really don't like how they use the strap to mount instead of a welded bracket. Some of the on-line places have some other FMF products that FMF doesn't have on their site. I guess I'll just start calling around. Another thing I'm trying to find out is if I buy a muffler I would like to be able to find a header that will also work with the muffler. Like if I got the WB E2 would an FMF or XR's only header work? If anyone knows if you can mix and match headers and mufflers, let me know. Thanks again guys for the input. This site and its members are awesome!

Thank you for the info guys! I'm still up in the air on which exhaust to get. I like the XR's only pipe a lot. Seems like XR's only is either hit or miss for customer service from what I have been reading. The FMF is a little less expensive, but I really don't like how they use the strap to mount instead of a welded bracket. Some of the on-line places have some other FMF products that FMF doesn't have on their site. I guess I'll just start calling around. Another thing I'm trying to find out is if I buy a muffler I would like to be able to find a header that will also work with the muffler. Like if I got the WB E2 would an FMF or XR's only header work? If anyone knows if you can mix and match headers and mufflers, let me know. Thanks again guys for the input. This site and its members are awesome!

i use the e2 series and what ive been told the xr's head pipe has the same dia. as the e2 muffler. i also have read xr's sells an adapter to make this combo work.

The can I have on my XR650L is a Yosh comp from an XR600. It mounted fine, fit with signals, all that stuff.

Well, I ended up ordering the FMF power core 4 and the power bomb header and the jet kit. I guess we will see if it works out. It should. There is another member here (TREADMARKS) that has the same set up, saw it in his garage. Is there any additional jets that I need to get? I'm in NE Ohio(893'ASL) so no high elevations to worry about. If anyone around my area has any advice, it would be appreciated. Also, would drilling the slide make the throttle response better? As in Dyno-Jet kit plus drilling the slide?

This is an FMF Q2 XR650L silencer that bolted directly up to my XR600R. The only difference is the one listed for the L comes with a bracket for the turn signal and the one for the 600 does not. The headers are identical.

173737007-L.jpg

Jeff, can I order one from FMF? Or is it available anywhere else? I think I saw someone made one here.

ETA: Sweet bike by the way!

i love my white brothers e series!

ya know I like mine too - but.... since I do mostly trials and very little road (20 mile jaunts) the noise sometimes gets on my nerves...

I have thought of going back to stock and leaving my jetting the same (DJ 165 main and Kehien 55 pilot) I may go back to the DJ160 main. Also thinking of the same thing for my XR250R FMF Powercore IV pipe, That really wakes up and XR250, but it is LOUD. Just thinking of getting quet again.... shhhhhhhh.....

Maybe a BIG package deal, for sale a WB E2 series pipe for XR650L and also a FMF Powercore IV and a IMS 4 gallon tank with XR's only graphics and new petcock installed. okay someone make me an offer.....

Does anyone know which extra strap mount I need to fit the XR600R Power Core 4? They have a small, medium and large.

EDIT: Thank you all for the quick responses to my messages. I think I have it figured out! Andy

EDIT: I thought the XRL needed another special mounting strap. What's needed is a bracket to move the turn signal. I saw a few guys made their own. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527518