L chain adjustment cam

Man, :busted: I don't remember this at all happening on my 83 XL 600 .........

Everytime after I adjust chain and go to tighten down on the nut side the cam rotates forward so I must tighten by ways of the other side turning the axle and holding the nut steady.

It's not a real big deal but it is harder to tighten it down that way.

:thumbsup: I have no memory of this happening 24 years ago :cheers:

Another complaint ..........the cam(s) should have a bit deeper notches and be marked better. I'd by a updated pair in a second if someone would make them.

Going on my 1st ride with bike uncorked, dyno jetted, e series muffler and 42 tooth rear sprocket and new bars and grips ..........be back :thumbsup:

I don't have that problem but I have put anti-sieze on the nut and I'm sure a little of it is on the edge which would cut down on the friction between the nut and the cam. Secondly, whenever adjusting a chain I always give the tire a couple of kicks from the back to try and seat it firmly against the adjuster. This way it's seated in the little groove better. Maybe this will help:prof:

I think it must partly be the lack of lube.

Mines pretty greasy and it doesn't want to do this too badly.

Huffa was over today, I tightened his nut (boy, that just don't sound right) and that snail just spun around.

I suggested putting the axle bolt in from the other side, so the snail that wants to spin under the nut will be trying to go to the next highest divot, and so it shouldn't pivot.

Dave

If Huffa was at your house, and Huffa lives fairly close to me, then by the rules of Algebra I learned in 7th grade, you must live fairly close to me here in central Jersey:prof:

Take a rag, and roll it between the chain and rear sprocket. That will force the wheel forward until you tighten the nut. Make sure it's not too thick.

If Huffa was at your house, and Huffa lives fairly close to me, then by the rules of Algebra I learned in 7th grade, you must live fairly close to me here in central Jersey:prof:

It would be so, except that huffa's a maniac that'll hop on the bike and ride a few hundred miles just to go visiting!

I'm near Cortland NY.

I'd say lets meet at paragon, but paragon is paragone.

Dave