needle help

hi guys.

i m a bit confuddled with jd instructions(it says blue needle for low altitude/low temp below 50f-red needle for high altitude high temp) i m at sea level but temp is above 50 f and will only touch that on real cold winter i d say 60-70f is average here.

which needle should i be using????? the blue for low altitude even though temp out or red for temp even though altitudes out

i have tried both and bike runs good but cant really tell difference between the 2(prob down to carb bein that awkward to work on by the time stripped and rebuilt i ve pretty much forgotten how to ride my bike ha ha ha ha)

kenny:mad:

Red = Lean needle = Fatter

Blue= Rich Needle= Thinner, Can't tell you which to use, if you are on the edge between two main jets then the Needle could be used to sway the mid range jetting in either direction

hi guys.

i m a bit confuddled with jd instructions(it says blue needle for low altitude/low temp below 50f-red needle for high altitude high temp) i m at sea level but temp is above 50 f and will only touch that on real cold winter i d say 60-70f is average here.

which needle should i be using????? the blue for low altitude even though temp out or red for temp even though altitudes out

i have tried both and bike runs good but cant really tell difference between the 2(prob down to carb bein that awkward to work on by the time stripped and rebuilt i ve pretty much forgotten how to ride my bike ha ha ha ha)

kenny:mad:

Here is a link that talks about different temp / needle settings.:thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1793405#post1793405