2007 WR450F - 52T rear sprocket?

The standard bike as a 50 Teeth rear sprocket with a 14T front.

1- Did anybody tried a 52T? (i want to do more wheelies :-)

2- WIll the chain be long enough and how can you calculate that?

Thanks in advance.

go down one tooth on the front and this is the same as going up three at the rear and much cheaper.

this is the best mod in my opinion for improving acceleration to pick the front end up

going up three teeth at rear or down one tooth at the front will still allow you to use your original chain

my 07 came with 50 tooth rear but had a 13 tooth front???? 1st gear was way too slow, even for super tight bushwacking and there was a lot of engine breaking. so i put on a 14 tooth front with stock 50 rear and now the engine breaking is much less. i guess it all depends on what type of terrain you ride. 1st gear now pulls harder on hill climbs, with the lower gearing, 1st would just spin loose on really low traction areas, higher gearing makes the motor pull and lets the tire stick a little longer (this is on the really slow technical slippery type hill climb)

The standard bike as a 50 Teeth rear sprocket with a 14T front.

1- Did anybody tried a 52T? (i want to do more wheelies :-)

2- WIll the chain be long enough and how can you calculate that?

Thanks in advance.

Standard front in the US is 13 teeth.

I found the 13 / 50 combo was to tall, I prefer to ride single track in 3rd gear using the wide ratio tranny I can lug it and wick it up to run it out with out alot of shifting. I just got a 12T front but have not yet installed, but 1T in the front is equal to 2.5+T in the rear.....

I've been running a 12T on WR450 07 most of the spring. Like SJMC Don said it works real good in 3rd on single track. I'll go back to the 13 for winter desert riding, but single track the 12 really shines. It would take almost 4 T

on the rear to equal the 12 (50/13=3.84)

• 1 year later...

According to the spreadsheet I was just messing around on going down a tooth on the front lowers the top speed about 8 mph. Depending on the surface that means the top speed could be anywhere from 80-88 mph. That same spreadsheet says 4 teeth on the back has roughly the same effect as 1 tooth on the front.