HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stuntrider7x

Xr650l Header Wrap

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a stock exhaust on my 650l and i just wraped the the header to help keep some heat off my legs, is it bad to wrap a stock header some have told me it can possible crack, has anyone heard of any problems with wraping a header. Thanks!!!

I was thinking about doing that to the headers I installed in my car. My mechanic friend told me it was a bad idea because the header wrap can trap moisture and rust out your headers. It probably depends on the material your header is made of. I don't know if this info is helpful, but thought I'd pass it along.

I was thinking about doing that to the headers I installed in my car. My mechanic friend told me it was a bad idea because the header wrap can trap moisture and rust out your headers. It probably depends on the material your header is made of. I don't know if this info is helpful, but thought I'd pass it along.

ive heard this too. i still see alot of people doing it though. i may also do it too.