Best oil for smoother shifting

My 06' 450 seems to have a more notchy feel to the transmission than my 01'426 did. I have read this as a commonality for the 06's. Has anyone found an alternative oil that is safe for the clutch, improves the notchy feel, and does not cost an arm and a leg. I currently use yamalube.

Thanks,

C

Stupid question but what does PC price mean? I went to the Amsoil site to get some and it was 9.35 a quart, without shipping...

Thanks

Questions that you want answers to are not stupid.

Preferred Customer. The status will cost $20/yr, but the cost of MCF goes to about $6.25/qt in cases of twelve. Figuring that into two cases per year plus shipping comes out about $8/qt, and I don't have to go get it.

http://www.amsoil.com/

Do you have a reason for that? Do you know what the JASO MA standard is?

Yea, i've heard of too many clutches that were "questionable" as far as overall condition, slipping after swapping to a full synthetic based lube. If you know you have a clutch in solid working condition, you most likely won't have any issues. It's just my preference.

Yea, i've heard of too many clutches that were "questionable" as far as overall condition, slipping after swapping to a full synthetic based lube. If you know you have a clutch in solid working condition, you most likely won't have any issues. It's just my preference.

Those stories come from people putting in the WRONG synthetic oil.

I'll let others do the lecture on oils & synthetics and using off the shelf synthetics for cars. ?