HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c-man

Best oil for smoother shifting

27 posts in this topic

My 06' 450 seems to have a more notchy feel to the transmission than my 01'426 did. I have read this as a commonality for the 06's. Has anyone found an alternative oil that is safe for the clutch, improves the notchy feel, and does not cost an arm and a leg. I currently use yamalube.

Thanks,

C

i use the silkolene pro synthetic 15w50 and have had great luck with it so far. it is not cheap though, it costs about 16 bucks a litre but it seems to last twice as long as the yamalube(doesn't seem to discolor so fast)

+1 for AMS. I think its grey that will even show you the charts showing how good their oil really is. I might be wrong about it being you though, grey.

Amsoil MCF, PC price is about $8/qt including shipping to your front door.

Stupid question but what does PC price mean? I went to the Amsoil site to get some and it was 9.35 a quart, without shipping...

Thanks

AMSOIL FTW contact a local distributer as they are usually cheaper i have found

my local MX store charges 10ish for a quart

PC idk what that would mean

golden spectro full syenthetic.. i love this oil... did wonders for my bike... got rid of the excessive engine noise and did wonders for my transmission.. 10 bucks at any local store..

Stupid question but what does PC price mean? I went to the Amsoil site to get some and it was 9.35 a quart, without shipping...

Thanks

Questions that you want answers to are not stupid.

Preferred Customer. The status will cost $20/yr, but the cost of MCF goes to about $6.25/qt in cases of twelve. Figuring that into two cases per year plus shipping comes out about $8/qt, and I don't have to go get it.

http://www.amsoil.com/

Yamaha 4R, right up the street at me dealer. I pay $7/qt. The tranny on my '07 is the smoothest YZ tranny I have ever felt. (Almost shifts as smooth as a CR two stroke :thumbsup:

I prefer not to run full synthetics is any of my wet clutch engines...

Stupid question but what does PC price mean?

Thanks

"Pre-paying Customer"

nah...PC is Preferred Customer...a program that allows the everyday Joe/ person to buy Amsoil at some discount. Cost 20.00 per year

On my bikes Amsoil is the best oil I have found for smoother shifting.....:thumbsup:

I prefer not to run full synthetics is any of my wet clutch engines...

Do you have a reason for that? Do you know what the JASO MA standard is?

Do you have a reason for that? Do you know what the JASO MA standard is?

Yea, i've heard of too many clutches that were "questionable" as far as overall condition, slipping after swapping to a full synthetic based lube. If you know you have a clutch in solid working condition, you most likely won't have any issues. It's just my preference.

Yea, i've heard of too many clutches that were "questionable" as far as overall condition, slipping after swapping to a full synthetic based lube. If you know you have a clutch in solid working condition, you most likely won't have any issues. It's just my preference.

Those stories come from people putting in the WRONG synthetic oil.

I'll let others do the lecture on oils & synthetics and using off the shelf synthetics for cars. :thumbsup: