trading 125 for 426?

Im considering trading my 04' yz 125 for an 02' yz 426f. The 426 is in a little nicer shape than my bike actually (its mint!). Im just wondering, is the 426 a good bike? Is it reliable (main reason i want it, always tinkering with my 125)?

Is the suspension comparable to my bikes considering its older? Any input would be apreciated.

I'm newer to my 02 426 but I absolutely love it! I've had it for 3 months and it's been amazing.

Power is very strong. I'm 6'3" and 240 pounds and it runs me around as fast as I could ever want. Other positives I've heard is excellent reliability with many bikes running for years without much maintanence beyond oil and clean air filters. I did have to rebuild my suspension but that's just part of the deal.

Con's could be it's a heavy bike and it can get a mind of it's own once off kilter a bit but that's about it.

Overall, I'd be all over the 426, I absolutely love it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

i jumped from a 125 to a 426 about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

i jumped from a 125 to a 426 about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

I moved from a 125 to a new 450 last year.

An '05 KX125 followed me home last night. I like the 450F, but I really miss the lightweight and sheer fun factor of the 125. Surprisingly, I also miss tinkering with it. I don't know if the 450F will hit the market or stay- time will tell.

i bought a 2002 yz426f 3 months ago after owning a rm125 and it is a jump but youll be ridin the 426 like u were ridin the 125 after a bit of practice.

I own both a YZ125 and a YZ400F which are pretty comparable to the bikes that you have and/or pondering buying.

I ride my 125 100X more than my 400. And keep in mind I weigh 250lbs...:thumbsup:

I just can't get enough of that super hard hitting power, and the fact that my 125 feels like a bicycle compared to my 400.

However, I have a friend who just went from a 125 to a 400, and he can't get enough of his 400, and doesn't miss his 125 at all...

So every rider's personal preferences are different, pick the bike that you like the most...Assuming that you have ridden the 426.

I moved from a 125 to a new 450 last year.

An '05 KX125 followed me home last night. I like the 450F, but I really miss the lightweight and sheer fun factor of the 125. Surprisingly, I also miss tinkering with it. I don't know if the 450F will hit the market or stay- time will tell.

yea, i still have my rm125. i rode it again a couple of weeks ago and i couldn't believe how light it was.

but i'd still choose the raw power of the 426 over the 125:ride:

two words: TRADE IT!!!