HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
runeo

Is my stable compleate? ( From big to small(er) ) Need survival advice!

18 posts in this topic

Hi

I have recently done some light, but tight enduro with the HP2 and it is a handful! But a desire for more was planted in my mind.

So, in two weeks time I will get my uncorked wr450 -07.

Now I think my stable is complete. I hope the they all get

equal share of my time. Or will the wr450 seduce me completely?

Any other mc people who has gone from big to small(er)? What is your best advice for survival?

mammut_och_hoppe_small.jpg

jomenduro.jpg

Or will the wr450 seduce me completely?

mammut_och_hoppe_small.jpg

jomenduro.jpg

Your gonna love it. Light and powerful, In comparison to the others.

Thank you!

The HP2 is exactly POWERFUL and always ready to deliver like an electric motor. 174 net Kg and a horsepower of 105 HP, instead of like 115 net Kg and 48 Hp.

But after my first enduro attempts I am really hooked. I hope I will get the technique on the wr450, so I will be better of to manage the HP2 during the same circumstances.

/Rune

Yup, light is right.

I had a big pig GS 1150 Adventure a few years ago. I shudder to think how heavy that sucker was. As for light, my KX 250 is about as light as a bike can get. Kinda spoils ya. Makes the WR feel heavy. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: runeo just wanted to pick your brain what s that 200 adventure like i ve just ordered 1 cant wait, has wr arrived yet if so what do ya think???? good investment eh?

:thumbsup: runeo just wanted to pick your brain what s that 200 adventure like i ve just ordered 1 cant wait, has wr arrived yet if so what do ya think???? good investment eh?

The 1200GSAdventure is a hell of a bike! It can perform almost anything. An awsome 2up bike. Sporty on gravel if you stand up to get weight on the front wheel. Performs with the sporty bikes on the curvy undulating roads.

Good chooice of you!

/Rune

Yup.

Just when you think you're going fast enough she screams "harder" and "faster"

Then you pound up into 4th and 5th and rip. Shes so fun! She looks good, takes floggings like a champ, and always comes back for more.

Plus shes so much thinner in the middle than my last girlfriend...I..I mean bike :thumbsup:

Rune, the HP2 is a great bike, once you get the air shock dialed in.

And it works great where it is intended to work great.

Same goes for the WR 450.

The HP2 will blow the WR away on the road;

the WR 450 will run circles around the HP2 in the woods.

I would say your stable is only short by one: a motorcross bike!

Kind regards.

I just dropped a beautiful KTM 640 adventure for a 2007 WR. I'll never go back again to those long days where I was lifting the beast up from mud, dunes, or tight enduro. thinking of committing suicide in 40c heat! I have an old GS as well, but never use it off-road. I guess you have the perfect bike set up at home now, (another 2-strokes for the woods will complete the team though)

I call BS!

Your R12s are stable queens! Your posting to stroke your ego!

Go ride here buddy! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1460169250141186830&pr=goog-sl

I ride an R12GSA too and we know the HP2 is only good for BS... Let's see em dirty big guy!

It takes one to know one!!

Your interpretation!

I love the wr450.

I love the HP2.

I love the 12gsa.

Every one on their own premises!

On the gravel roads, single tracks and very easy enduro the HP2 get dirty! And there it shines. 20 Km/h on second gear. Full trottle and 2,5 seconds later it it shows 120 Km/h, ... on knobbies. 7.5 second from 60 Km/h to 140 Km/h on sixth gear.

The HP2 is a well trained, high definition athleth.

The wr450 is a light, very fast and very predictibel joy-machine, thet chews anything you throw at it!

I think you are a bit OT. You could have written that a BSA Gold Star is missing, then you would be On Topic.

Queens, my ass

/Rune

After one day with the wr450 on small gravelroads and natural enduro tracks I must say that the wr450 is the bike that will be in the back of my mind, when I am out on the other bikes.

Do one really have to spend 58 years to get to the bike with the most funfactor delivered from the factory! And I haven´t removed the gray wire yet!

Perhaps it should be wise to mount a switch to change to softer performance on clay, wet grass and wet stones.

Don´t WRry be happy!

/WRune

I call BS!

Your R12s are stable queens! Your posting to stroke your ego!

Go ride here buddy! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1460169250141186830&pr=goog-sl

I ride an R12GSA too and we know the HP2 is only good for BS... Let's see em dirty big guy!

HP2 BS?

Before the day

snoa_packing.jpg

During the day

snoa_break_through.jpg

After the day

after_300km_gravel.jpg

What does it eat

omattlig_hp2.jpg

The way into the playground

wow.jpg

But I love the uncorked wr450 in a very special way!

Just done the break in, and dismounted the gray wire!

/WRune

3 bikes is not even close to a complete stable, especially when you got 2 bikes that are so similar. Then again, I don't have room to talk, I've got a WR 450, KTM 450 EXC and a DRZ 400E :goofy:

i m catching you up love my o7 wr450, and am picking up my gs1200 adventure on sat i cant fu"$ing wait yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am close to make a deal now, and then I hopefully will not feel the need for an other type of bike. I am NOT into motocross or roadracing bikes!

One of 2 beautifully restored motorcycles.

A look alike to this one, on a museum now. An Matchless G80CS -68, which I will meet during a 750 miles trip this weekend.

matchless_g80cs_1968_right_front.jpg

Or this very one, an AJS 18cs -62, which I will meet next weekend during a 350 miles ride.

ajs_18cs_1962_small.jpg

Spent 700 miles last weekend to see a g80cs -55, that really was a g80, non competition, no jampots. After that a Panther Stroud 350, that showed up to be a very nice built replica built by a Swede in the early eightis. Looked like this one, but in colour.

panther_stroud-350-50s.jpg

Will keep you informed!

/Rune

This is the one who completes my stable of bikes.

A Matchless G80CS Scrambler -68 in mint condition from a museum.

No gray wire, no computers just joy!

matchless_g80cs_68_front_little_right.jpg