calif plate 00' wr400

I'm in the process of getting ca plates for my wr. I would like to hear what problems other people have had on getting plates. I know there are different ways to get them. I would like to hear what others have to say...

thanks.... jeff

Originally posted by jeffrey:

I'm in the process of getting ca plates for my wr. I would like to hear what problems other people have had on getting plates. I know there are different ways to get them. I would like to hear what others have to say...

thanks.... jeff

Jeff, I have a Canadian 2000 wr. I was able to get a CA plate. The thing to remember is what is the eight digit of your bike's vin number. If it is a c or 3, your boned. It cannot be made street legal without doing something special:

a) The dealer can register it as street legal when you purchase. Not all dealers will do it. It's a liablity issue. The bike must have a steel tank, dot tires, etc.

:) You can register it out state, wait several months, then come back and register it in CA. Call Baja Designs, they may be able to give you the name of a firm that can do it.

That's it. It's getting tougher to register the new bikes. I check the new WRs and Suzukis DRZs and they all had either a 3 or c.