Dunlop D606

Well I just ordered a Dunlop D606 (130/90-18) rear tire for my 04 XR650L, the stock deathwing is getting a little square and smooth in the middle so I figured since I ride mostly trails now that I have my 919 to ride on the street I'd treat the pig to a little beefier rubber out back.

Got a great deal at http://www.americanmototire.com

Dan

Thats what I'm hoping, I can't afford the front yet so I'm only doing the rear for now since it's the one I've worn down to the tube.

dan

They don't call them deathwings for nothing. Try and get that front tire just as soon as you can. The improvement will be amazing.

If you are really not riding on the pavement consider a true dirt knobby like the Maxxis IT or desert IT. Better traction and just about as long a life. Should be a little cheaper too. I run non DOT tires on my plated XR600 because my time on the pavement is very limited.

I've got 2700 miles on the stock tires, most of that commuting back and forth to work, the front tire still looks almost new but the rear is square and almost slick in the center, all in all I got more miles out of the stockers than I expected.

Dan

I have D606's on both front & rear. I bought the front after it washed out on me on the trail. I was so impressed with it I bought the rear the next week. I 80/20 dirt/road. They work great for me.

They have been good as a Dual Sport option... good wear, but I have taken it easy on the pavement... but once I hit the dirt they work... overall for DS I would continue with them...and wheelies are not an issue!?

Pretty meaty for a DOT tire huh! I got mine in a couple of days ago and immediately put it on. It was my first tire change and it wasn't easy with that tire. Be real careful the first few street rides... that thing is extremely slick when new. I've only taken it in the dirt once but it hooked up very well and did everything I expected of a DOT tire that aggressive. Have fun!