HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dick757

Speedometer for the XR650R

19 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone knows were I could get a speedo for my BRP

Ihad a Trail Tech (not the Vapor) and it stopped working after about 5 month's (95% street riding), so wanted to stay away from the electronic sensor type

But want your opion on these types as well, like the Vapor and Accwell

Thanks

Derick

I've had my Vapor on for about 6 months now and am loving it! No problems at all even on serious offroad trails.

I just had the Vapor put on my new XR650R but i am overseas and have not been able to use it. I went over a few with the mech. at the dealership and he agreed that the vapor was the way to go.

If all you need is a speedo and an odo, try a motorcycle salvage yard. My son bought a speedo for his BRP off an old XL 350 for $10, fabbed a bracket from aluminum, hooked up to the stock cable, works great.

Ive got an 07 that i wanta put a computer on. Im thinking either the Vapor or the Endurance. I figure i dont really need the tach or engine temp sensor so i proble go with the endurance computer cause its around $40 cheeper.

Thanks guys

add more if you like

The endurance as told by me by a lot of dealers is not very good and that is why they stopped selling it

but they also said the Vapor was good

I may check the salvage yard, but just wanted something to start off fresh

May be better to spend $10 instead of $150

This is the ticket, it has electronic pickup but is dead on reliable and built rock solid. I use a similar model for enduro work on my 440 and have not had any problems from it in years of use (and abuse). Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

http://icoracing.com/ds3.htm

I got one of the small chrome ones from baja designs. Anolog type that fits very well up there and has been rock solid to date.

Wanted one of those, but can't seem to get one in KM's just MPH, being a Canada boy

This is the ticket, it has electronic pickup but is dead on reliable and built rock solid. I use a similar model for enduro work on my 440 and have not had any problems from it in years of use (and abuse). Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

http://icoracing.com/ds3.htm

So this would hook up like the Trail Tech , but you are having good luck with it

Sounds pretty good, and simple for a guy like me

Thanks

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: For the ICO. It is bulletproof and really easy to hook up. Scotts racing sells a really nice mount for it also. As said it is not cheap but these are one of the best. Touratech also make some high end race computers. All I needed was a speedo and odometer and I got one of the ICO Dual sports of fleabay for around $70.

Steve

I sent ICO an e-mail to check them out

They are $$$, but so is the Vapor

I got one of the small chrome ones from baja designs. Anolog type that fits very well up there and has been rock solid to date.

I also have this same one. It is holding up real well; no complaints.

I've been using a $10 mtn bike speedo from walmart and so far it works pretty good. You can calibrate it for any wheel size.

I also have this same one. It is holding up real well; no complaints.

If I could get it in KM instead of MPH I would

But the ICO and Vapor are looking good, I just like the idea of the mechanical one

I don't know if Tucker Rocky is still in Canada, I will do a search on that

There is a place call MC Distributing that has a version of it as well, but have not seen it as there website is not up to date

Thanks guys

add more if you like

The endurance as told by me by a lot of dealers is not very good and that is why they stopped selling it

but they also said the Vapor was good

I may check the salvage yard, but just wanted something to start off fresh

May be better to spend $10 instead of $150

So what kind of problems have the endurance computer had? If you all agree its no good maby i should spend the exta $40 and get a Vapor for my XR?

Well, mine would work great until 70 km/h, aprox 30 mph

than it would jump all over the place

There was no back light at night, unless you het the button

There was no odometer to tell my total aculated miles, just went to 60 miles and started over

The connections were cleaned everyday, but did not seem to make a difference

Than it just stopped working altogether, stay at 0 than jump everywhere, than nothing, seemed to get wet and burned out

That is what I had happen

The vapor has an odometer, a pemanant backlight, and hour meter and a few other things

The dealers that had the endurance stopped selling them and went to the Vapor

If it works as good as they say, the extra $40 is worth it