Oil Leak around drive sproket!!!!!

I noticed a small oil leak around my drive sproket when the bike (99wr) is warmed up and running. Obviously it's a problem, but how hard is it going to be to fix this dilemma.

TRY THE SAME TRICK LIKE FORK SEALS.RUN A .003

SHIM OR FEELER GAUGE AROUND THE INSIDE OF THE SEAL.ALSO THERE S/B A LARGE ROUND BUSHING AROUND THE COUNTER SHAFT JUST BEHIND THE SPROKET.LOOK AT YOUR MANUAL.THERE IS A SEAL

AT THE CASE WHERE THE SHAFT COMES OUT AND IS EASY TO REPLACE. IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I

LOOKED IN THE MANUAL.

There nothing to it. I just changed mine. Pull of the countershaft and behind it is basically a dirt cover that is bolted down with 2 screws. Take that off and pry the seal out. Be sure and lube the shaft :Dbefore you slip the new seal on. I think what caused mine to fail was keeping my chain too tight.

------------------

Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

I beleive that this has been a problem on the WR's, but it's supposed to be caused from the chain being run too tight, or that's what Yamaha claim ?

------------------

R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia

Almost a 2000' WR400