made my mind up

2004 WR450F has to go. Riding with the daughter and having a delapitated mid 40's abused body does not go hand in hand with this size bike. Going to clean her up and put her on the market before i hurt myself.

instead of selling the bike, why not use it as a reason to get fit?

If you feel you cant handle it, by all means get rid of it. Dont get yourself hurt. I believe you have to have a level of confidence in your abilities to be somewhat safe. Good luck. Bob

2004 WR450F has to go. Riding with the daughter and having a delapitated mid 40's abused body does not go hand in hand with this size bike. Going to clean her up and put her on the market before i hurt myself.

No shame in your thought process. Its the difference between the 40yr old, wife and kids, gotta got to work on monday mentality versus the 20 yr old, going to college, living with my parents mentality.

I wasn't as smart as you. I had three different casts in the first year.

Congrats on using your brains.

Now... you should definitely try the 250. Its an entirely different animal.

I too am new to the WR450 and found the power to be extreme at first even bone stock as my bike is. The last bike I had was an RM125 some 15 years ago when I was a little rubbery person. I went to a motorcycle park last week to ride the trails. After travelling 50 minutes I learned that they had a lot of rain the last couple of days and that the trails were closed until further notice. I wasn't about to turn around and go home so I stayed and rode their supercross and outdoor national tracks. I didn't think I was up to it but after about half an hour I was in love with the power of the WR450. Even on the jumps that were too large for my skill level, I was able to just roll up to them and crack the throttle and over I'd go! I can't wait to hit the trails after that experience. The tightest single track I can find will be no problem.

I would recommend giving it a chance as the only thing that'll change is your fitness level. I am not fit by any means - 6'5" and nearly 300 lbs. I can't think of a better way to get fit than riding. I was as sore as I've ever been after riding motocross style tracks but I'm heading back out ASAP.