HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DAVID_BULMER

To tall

7 posts in this topic

Proud owmer of WR400, great bike only problem is I need tips on how to get closer to the ground 'apart from falling off'

I need to know the best mechanical options for lowering the bike.

Any useful contacts would be appreciated, along with costs involved.

[This message has been edited by DAVID BULMER (edited 04-19-2000).]

Lower the forks in the triple clamp. Get a spaner wrench and loosen the large bolt on the rear shock, move it up a bit. You may also soften the dampners on the front and rear depending on if you are a woods, desert, or moto-cross rider.

Thats all the 'no-money' fixes I can think of. You may also try shorter/softer fork springs.

Should be a spacer in the forks that can be removed. Also, a thin spacer can be installed in the shock to stop it expanding out to full length, but this should be done in a shop, hence a few $. Had mine lowered about 25mm. Works fine.

Thanks Darren for your comments. I have not tried platforms, however I attempted to use some stiletto's but the heels kept breaking off. I have heard you can get a nice heel in Cuba. See you at the Hare and Hounds race on Sunday. Numbers are as follows: Paul 222 riding a WR400 00, sporting AXO apparel, wearing clear body armour, Darren 221 riding a WR400, sporting AXO apparel, wearing ..... body armour, deja'vu. The scrutineer's will have fun and games with the mud munching twins.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DAVID BULMER (edited 04-23-2000).]