HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tarmac_terrorist

250f or 450f?

1 post in this topic

Apologies if this has been done to death.

I posted on another forum that i am intending to buy a wr450f for green laning / trail riding in the UK. According to one knowlegable bloke, i should re-consider, as.....

Green laning in the UK, in my opinion, requires a bike that gives you much finesse from low revs, and a wallop of torque from tickover for when you misjudge a slow obstacle. You do not want the rear wheel to spin up too fast when you are climbing through a mire, and you want a setup that means that you can use mid revs sometimes, so that when it does spin up, it does not do it too harshly. In this respect, a bike that gets a bit breathless at the top might well do what you wnat more easily when the grip drops away.

I may be doing the WR a disservice, but this just does not sound like what it was meant to do.

So then, do i buy the 250f or 450f?

Heres a youtube vid, showing what the terrain is like, in my part of the world

Thanks.