HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damian

Broken carby slide

2 posts in this topic

Looks like this is a common problem. Mine just failed and was swallowed by the engine. This was at about 5200km on a '98 model.

The first warning was the revs would not back right off at idle. About 1km later, after stopping, it would not kick start so I gave it a roll start. What a horrrible noise! Bits of alloy jumping around on top of the piston. Luckily I stopped it straight away and no piston or bore damage. Only damage was to my wallet.

So, I recommend everybody keeps a close eye on the carby slide (throttle valve plate).

Anybody know if Yamaha has redesigned the plate or somehow knows how to fix the problem?

Hey guys,

I am wondering about this question too? Is there a difference between the 98 and 99 throttle valve plate? Can someone check the parts number? Thanks :)