New to me 650l

Hi guys, I am a long time lurker on this site and I can proudly say that I am a owner of a 650l because of this site. I have wanted one for years and I came across one finally. My buddy had a 93 650l and told me that he was ready to drive it off a cliff. I asked him what the problem was and it sounded like a CDI problem. So, he sold it to me for $500 bucks and I went and bought a CDI from Honda and Viola! problem gone!. I am so stoked because my buddy put all kinds of modifications on it and now it is mine! WOOT! Well, happy to be here now as a owner!:thumbsup:

Congrats! :thumbsup: Welcome to Thumpertalk

Your buddy is going to be mad at you, but it's his fault for not reading Thumpertalk enough to find out about the CDI problem. Especially when he sees you riding the bike and having a good time. :thumbsup:

Ride by his house and blow the horn until he comes out. Before he reaches you, ride around slowly and explain to him that you'd love to stop and talk but YOUR new bike runs so damned good that it just wont stop.

BUWAHAHAHA

:busted::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

I actually called him after I fixed it and told him. He seemed pretty bummed, so I asked him if he wanted to buy it back. I didn't want to screw over a good friend.....anyway, he told me that he could still never trust it, so he let me keep it. I have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. And all the problem was a bad CDI. Ya for me. Thanks TT

nice! i love my 650L. you in reno? im in dayton. welcome!!:thumbsup:

Hi guys, I am a long time lurker on this site and I can proudly say that I am a owner of a 650l because of this site. I have wanted one for years and I came across one finally. My buddy had a 93 650l and told me that he was ready to drive it off a cliff. I asked him what the problem was and it sounded like a CDI problem. So, he sold it to me for $500 bucks and I went and bought a CDI from Honda and Viola! problem gone!. I am so stoked because my buddy put all kinds of modifications on it and now it is mine! WOOT! Well, happy to be here now as a owner!:thumbsup:

Nice score! Welcome to TT!:thumbsup:

nice! i love my 650L. you in reno? im in dayton. welcome!!:thumbsup:

Ya, I am in Reno, we have to meet up for a nice ride sometime!

Welcome to TT and LETS SEE IT!! :thumbsup:

What mods are on it ?

Ya, I am in Reno, we have to meet up for a nice ride sometime!

ya buddy!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

change the oilf and keep the filters clean and it will run forever.