Gas tank 2006 WR 450f

I am looking to put a larger gas tank on my 06 wr 450f, I am looking at a IMS 3.1 gal or a Clarke 2.8, has anyone used either of these and how good does it l look, fit, work and feel while riding? And how far can you ride, just ballpark distance while trail riding and playing?

I've got the IMS 3.1 gallon tank, and it fits/works well. and the only issues I've had, are that the petcock leaked untill I made another gasket for it out of an old innertube. Then when the right sie radiator bent back a little, the lower outlet rubbed on the tank.

Oh, and boiling gas due to proximity to pipe/head till I insulated them with foil tape, and pipe wrap. Range is easily over 80 miles at race pace as well.

Ken

I got the IMS 3.1 because it was the only oversize tank in black at that time for my bike. The only issue I had was that the petcock ended up being to much forward and the "out" end was towards the front of the bike so the original fuel line was too short. Some guys install the petcock backwards which I think is kind of akward for use. Then a fellow TT'er recommended using a petcock from a WR426 which is exactly the same, except the "out" end is towards the back of the bike. Now my fuel line is short and nicely tucked in out of the danger.

I have the Acerbis 3.3, or more accurately, the Yamaha version licensed from Acerbis. Can't give you an estimate on mileage because my buddies ride YZF's...but the tank is great and I've heard 100 miles +, so I'll be the one holding the reserves if one of my yahoo friends run out, LOL. I didn't need to remove anything but the old tank. Thumpertalk sells them at a good rate I believe.

By the way, no gas boil issue like I've hear the IMS has, just hearsay maybe, but that's why I bought this tank.

What acerbis 3.3 tank (part number) did you put on. Just want to make sure.

My bike is a 2005, so my part number might not be valid, and I don't know where to find it anyway. Call thumpertalk customer service, the number should be listed in the thumpertalk store link, they will help you. I don't remember having to drill anything to put my shrouds directly back on the bike, and I can't see why one model year would change that, I'd think Acerbis would correct for it.

Call thumpertalk customer service, the number should be listed in the thumpertalk store link, they will help you. I don't remember having to drill anything to put my shrouds directly back on the bike, and I can't see why one model year would change that, I'd think Acerbis would correct for it.

yup call thumpertalk store...they will have the best price. you can get natural white (clear) or a blue one. if you have an 06 your wr shrouds will fit this tank no problem. when you get the tank you will need to use your stock mounting loops and the seat post goes in the yz hole (you will see when you get it) also go to your local auto parts store and get automotive fuel lines and a brass t. sc recommended this and its looks really clean. also by doing this you wont have to worry about the right side pet cock (its not close at all but the auto fuel lines are heavy duty!)

Tank Info

http://www.acerbis.com/p997_yamaha/replica_yamaha.html

Info on install

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379094&highlight=brass+t

yup call thumpertalk store...they will have the best price. you can get natural white (clear) or a blue one. if you have an 06 your wr shrouds will fit this tank no problem. when you get the tank you will need to use your stock mounting loops and the seat post goes in the yz hole (you will see when you get it) also go to your local auto parts store and get automotive fuel lines and a brass t. sc recommended this and its looks really clean. also by doing this you wont have to worry about the right side pet cock (its not close at all but the auto fuel lines are heavy duty!)

Like he said, buy the auto fuel lines and brass T. I forget the sizing, but I did this and had to heat up the fuel lines to get them on, but now that they are, bulletproof I believe is the term. I also got the clear/natural model, and love it, never have to take the cap off to check fuel level, and it looks kinda mean. ?

I don't have any pics to post, but this is an extensively researched topic on here, and I found a bunch when looking for mine...

Oh, one more thing, I forgot to mention that I did call the TT store for mine, but they were on backorder, so I ended up picking it up at a Yamaha dealership that was willing to match the price for the OEM licensed version, it's the same tank. If you run into this issue, call a dealership and see what they'll work out.