HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
platterdr

Kenda K270

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used these tires on a 650L just wondering how well they wear. What are there performance off-road like? no mud just dirt and gravel

I just installed a set on my XR600 for my Trans America Trail ride in 2 weeks. From things I've read they should last around 5000 miles and are hard to beat on gravel and hardpack dirt.

Thanks Jeff I'm going to order a set. I would still like to get with you sometime and ride some of your KY routes. I'm finally going to ride Redbird Crest in a couple weeks. Have fun on your SpringTAT I am going to try and do the 08 TAT with you guys.Have fun and keep the dust in ALPIV's face al the way.

5000 miles?? someone is pulling your leg big time!! It's more like 2000 miles, but they are good tires for the price. They work good on and off road just stay out of the mud.

I'll be happy if I get 2000 out of the set currently on my XR650R (80%+ of those miles will have been street).

In '03 I and some friends went on an impromptu trip to Baja for 6 days of riding. I slapped a new K-270 rear on my mostly stock '91 XR600R, already had a new Michelin S-12 on the front. I got a lot of derisive laughter from my buddies on the rear tire choice as they all had much more expensive brands and types of tires on their (much newer and expensive) bikes. At the end of the ride, guess which tire held up the best? That's right, the Kenda was in the best shape of all with a couple of tires on my buddies' bikes totally trashed. I was accused of not being on the throttle a lot of the time, but strangely enough, the group never left me behind.

5000 miles?? someone is pulling your leg big time!! It's more like 2000 miles, but they are good tires for the price. They work good on and off road just stay out of the mud.

I've seen them go well over 2000! The rear that I have on mine now has over 3000 with plenty of usable tread left.