HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
none

00WR CAL PLATES

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone recieved there plates. I got a letter from DMV saying it is a red sticker only. Any info.

Originally posted by none:

Has anyone recieved there plates. I got a letter from DMV saying it is a red sticker only. Any info.

I got my plate 4 weeks after purchase from Montclair Yamaha. They registered the bike for me.

Glenn

Did you get a red sticker already?If not then stop the reg. Fill out a reg. refund form from DMV .And reg. out of state street only.Wait for your pink then go back to DMV and reg. ca. street only.Poss. my work? make sure your speedo reads 7500 miles or more.Some thing DMV has about uesd verses new . hope that helps

monty

I asked about that and my friend at dmv said the 3 in the vin# will always keep it from getting a plate.Do all 00wrs have a 3 in the eight spot in the vin# thanks

Originally posted by monty wilson:

Did you get a red sticker already?If not then stop the reg. Fill out a reg. refund form from DMV .And reg. out of state street only.Wait for your pink then go back to DMV and reg. ca. street only.Poss. my work? make sure your speedo reads 7500 miles or more.Some thing DMV has about uesd verses new . hope that helps

monty

not all wr400 have 3 in the 8th vin i think after jan-1-2000 they started with the no#3 vin.I have seen some with #3 vin get green sticker but that was before jan-2000 reg.If you go to DMV web site you can get more info.

I received my plates this week for my 2000 WR. However, the dealer I went to registered it for me even though I did not buy a dual sport kit from him. I went directly through Baja Designs. I told him that I wanted to do it myself. So six weeks later I have my plates.

Rob

Southern California (were the air is CLEAR)

Originally posted by Rob:

I received my plates this week for my 2000 WR. However, the dealer I went to registered it for me even though I did not buy a dual sport kit from him. I went directly through Baja Designs. I told him that I wanted to do it myself. So six weeks later I have my plates.

I had my dealer register it and so far it has not gone through, also what will the ranger do if you have a plate, a 3 in the vin. and its June.Can you email me with your dealer name so mine can fix this before he eats a used wr. Thanks mscheumaker@msn.com

Rob

Southern California (were the air is CLEAR)