Flywheel weight?

Just rode my 04 YZ 450 for the first time with the GYT-R off road fww,which is the heavy one.Night&Day difference in power delivery.Don,t worry about power loss because there is,nt none. It still has all the arm yanking power!!!! 100$

Yes, the heavier flywheel weight will make the bike less likely to stall, in tight trails, etc. Think of it this way.....the engine is designed for MX where you want a relatively lightweight flywheel, so that the engine will "spool up", that is, the engine will wind up quickly, so that you can come out of a tight corner, and have a quick revving engine to make that jump that's right near the corner.

On trails however, you want a heavier flywheel to keep the engine turning over when it is running at low RPM. The additional weight keeps the engine chugging over, due to inertia.

I ride both track and trails, and I use a dr. D 6 oz. heavier than stock flywheel.

I recommend the Dr. D model because they offer a 4 oz., 6 oz., and a 8 oz. heavier model. If I were you I'd buy the Dr. D model because Dr. D allows you to exchange the flywheel for a different weight if you want to. Let's say you get a 6 oz. and you think it's too light. Just pay the shipping, send them your 6 oz. and they wlil ship you an 8 oz. model. You can exchange the flywheel as many times as you want pretty much, with only paying shipping costs.

Since using my 6 oz. heavier model, the bike gets much better traction, and in the tight, twisty, uphill trails, it pulls like a tractor. Before with the stock flywheel, I'd occasionally stall it...not anymore. As far as acceleration goes, it's pretty much unchanged..maybe a hair slower. If you ride both track and trails, I'd order the 6 oz. model. If you ride trails only, get the 8 oz. one.