How good is the stock 07 WR chain?

Hi All,

How good is the stock WR chain? I know the YZ chains are junk, but what about WR's? Also, at replacement time, what are most using?

Thanks,

Nate

i have an 06 wr 450 with my stock chain and sprockets with almost 3000 miles. sprockets look great and chain has little to no side to side play.

if you keep your chain adjusted it should be good for a while

Of all the things to worry about on the bike? Who said the YZ chain is junk? Thats hot air. Big deal, buy a new one. Chains only require correct tightness, proper wear garb, and the right lube. When they wear and stretch after XXX hours of play, you buy a new one. Pretty elementary, and not a significant factor when purchasing a bike.

The only reason its significant is that if the stock chain stretches too fast, which, BTW, almost every person on the YZ forum says they do, you get premature wear on the sprockets if you don't adjust accordingly.

Certainly the chain on a bike would not affect my purchasing decision, however, it would affect how fast I replace it. So, since my bike is new, if the chain sucked, I would replace it before I had to adjust it forty two times, or stop in the middle of a ride to adjust it so I didn't wear the sprockets prematurely.

Nate

Of all the things to worry about on the bike?

Nickeenoo is asking a legitimate question: is the stock chain on the WR of good quality or poor quality? Will it keep on stretching and possibly force him to fiddle with it in the middle of a trail or worse? Perhaps he's better off just buying a brand new chain, hence the discussion...

"of all the things to worry about" the chain is critical in my opinion.?

I don't know how anyone can "adjust a chain" to compensate for chain wear or "stretch". That just doesn't make sense. The only adjustment you can make is for the slack in the chain. And there's no way it wears so fast that you can detect a change in 1 ride, unless you don't tighten your axle bolt enough!!! and don't use the adjuster bolts...that would do it!