HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flash

Cycra Slimtank for YZ400F

8 posts in this topic

I was doing some surfing and found a 2.9 gal Cycra Slimtank for the YZ400F. This must be new. The size seems perfect for my needs. Has anyone had any experience with Cycra tanks? (quality & fit) I saw it advertised at parts411.com for $148. That's a great price if this tank's any good.

IMS is what I see on most of the bikes out at the desert races. I know some people are happy with the Clarke's. I'd stay with one of those two. I have the IMS and I'm happy with it, I've been 85 hard desert miles with it and still had "alittle" gas left :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

I don't like the IMS. I've heard too many stories of poor fit and I don't like the idea of only using one of the factory mounting bolts at the front. The Acerbis is too huge looking, although I've heard the quality is good. I was curious why Cycra doesn't list a YZ400 tank on their website, so I e-mailed them. They say they don't make one yet. ?? I don't know what parts411.com is selling. I'm probably going to get the Clark or a YZ tank when the time comes.

Does anyone have a picture of the Cycra 2.9 gallon tank for the WR/YZF. There website does not display a picture and I want to know where they added all of the extra material.

The tank is pictured at Cycras web site. It's cost is $179.00 (US).

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

Bill,

I could only find a picture of the YZ125/250 tank. I have heard they have a yz400 tank but can not find a picture anywhere. I have seen it listed in a few magazines though. I guess I will just wait till they are open on Monday and give them a call.