Pig died on the trail....HELP!

I was just riding along today when the BRP just decided to die. Nothing seized, or smoked, or clanked, or banged, or boiled....it just sounded like it was getting tough to get fuel to the engine, then sputtered to a stop.

Anyone have any "top of mind" ideas of what might have happened?

I was able to bump start it, then it ran for a moment, then it just didn't want to run, so I shut it down. It wouldn't idle.

Thanks.

I had the same problem but on a city road... it just died coming up to an intersection when i pulled in the clutch.

I ended up having to crank up the throttle stop (idle thumbscrew) to finally get it to run but REASON i had to do that was because the linkage between the throttle valve/slide and the twist assembly loosened off.

Take the top of the carb off, and stick a screwdriver down into the valve and see if the screws are loose. Mine must have been loose and caused the initial problem because once i did finally take the carb top off one screw was completely unscrewed and bouncing around the valve.

Also check out my previous thread...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523009

Its quite thorough i think. If after checking spark and fuel to the carb then i'd bump the idle screw up.

is this an L or R ? if its an L, start thinking about a cdi!

I was just riding along today when the BRP just decided to die. Nothing seized, or smoked, or clanked, or banged, or boiled....it just sounded like it was getting tough to get fuel to the engine, then sputtered to a stop.

Anyone have any "top of mind" ideas of what might have happened?

I was able to bump start it, then it ran for a moment, then it just didn't want to run, so I shut it down. It wouldn't idle.

Thanks.

Check the fuel tank vent hose (if it has one) to see if it's clogged or pinched off.

Check the fuel tank vent hose (if it has one) to see if it's clogged or pinched off.

I had an aftermarket vent hose with ball float internal end , it just

stopped letting air in as the tank went down and eventually caused

enuff vaccum to stop gas goin into carb. When I took the gascap off

I could hear air rushing in. Thats how I figured it out.

Tony

Thanks for the replies...

As it turns out... it looks like it was a vacuum problem with the tank cap....and a bad plug.