Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmpunch

front brake lines yz400 ?

6 posts in this topic

ok im looking at replacing the front brake line on my yz400. i hear that the galfer lines have weak fittings. so what line should i get . i was looking at the one from moose. i cant find the fastline ones. were can i get these cause i read on here that they were good lines with strong fittings.

Contact the TT store, maybe they can help. Click the green button on the top right side of your screen.

ok im looking at replacing the front brake line on my yz400.

If you don't already know, go for the "CR" style front brake line(now used on all Jap bikes since the Honda five year patent ran out, mongrels!). Instead of wrapping around the bottom of the fork tube, the line runs directly to the caliper. I'm not aware of the Galfer issue, but the Dr.D kit uses a Galfer line(sounds like you've already checked the Dr.D one out?)! http://www.dubachracing.com/DubachRacing.html

There's also the light speed fork guard and brake line kit http://www.lightspeedperf.com/products/index.php?action=item&id=388&prevaction=item&previd=371&prevstart= Click on the picture then click next a few times to check it out. For some reason that kit doesn't include the pinch clamps though, which are another $27!!!

Also found a cheaper option for $70 on kevins cycle racing (I couldn't post the direct link 'cause it just comes up with ***********)

(I couldn't post the direct link 'cause it just comes up with ***********)
When that happens, it's because the URL was blocked on account of the site owner being a recalcitrant spammer. :thumbsup:

When that happens, it's because the URL was blocked on account of the site owner being a recalcitrant spammer. :thumbsup:

Should I delete that part of my post, or is it ok?