Pro Tapers ?

I have been check out some prices for Pro Tapers, and so far the cheapest price in Australia that I have found is $219 just for the bars, and then you have the cost of the fitting kit at $139, or a new triple clamp with mounts.

Anyway I just want to find out if there is a web site that has info on them, or a place in the US that sells them at a good price, to see if it's worth bringing some over myself. Lastley, are they worth it ?

------------------

R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia

2000' WR400

E-Series "Randy Hawkins" replica & Tapered header, Renthals, WB fame guards, Devol Rad. guards,

Hey Rod,

I dont use Pro-Tapers . I use a spin off called Aero. Same applications for bares and mounts but significants cheaper. The best part is that you dont have to change your mounts!!!!! I have crash tested them an d they appear as strong as the Pro's

Mitch

Mitch, where did you get them, and how much were they ? They must be the same diametre as the standard bars to use the same mounts ?

------------------

R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia

2000' WR400

E-Series "Randy Hawkins" replica & Tapered header, Renthals, WB fame guards, Devol Rad. guards,

Hey there Rod

City Yamaha in Melbourne.. $210, $85 for mounting kit.......

My mistake Rod... When I purchased the bike I had them installed....

Mitch

Hey Mitch -

You have Aero bars? When I bought my 99 WR, it had these bars on it, but I have searched everywhere and cannot find any info on this Aero brand.. Any insight? I've haven't really taken a big digger yet, so I don't know just how they will hold up. I was actually thinking of replacing them simply because I haven't heard of anyone else using them...

In the US you can check the Chapparal catalog, shoud be around $90 US for the bar and $135 US or so for the triple clamp, plus shipping. To your part of the world, whats the exchange rate.